Ketarin forum

How do I measure web traffic of other people's website?

jayni

I'm doing market research on several sites to determine the feasibility of a new business I'm working on. Since my project will be web-based, I need to gain good information on the amount and kind of traffic that goes to some other websites.

The question is, what's the best way to do this? I have tried Quantcast, Alexa and a slew of other sites but they each seem to give differing results, which in turn makes me doubt the validity of the information?

....................thanks

EDIT: again advertisement links and you will receive a ban :)

Edited by necrox

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that some people are pushing the "no spam" rule to the limit, with profiles and signatures full of advertisements for websites to polish up their Google page rank with their search engine marketing and search engine optimization.

Don't get me wrong. Promote your website in a relevant way if you want. However, your website should offer content which helps enrich the topic. If you have your own website in your profile or signature, this is fine too. But advertising with links to websites for drugs, cars, travel, maternity clothes and so on is not allowed. It is allowed to promote your OWN website in relation to the subject of the Ketarin website and the given topic.

[h]So stop spam on our forum.[/h]

Policy is simple: If you post links to websites that provide no value for Ketarin users and are not necessary to diagnose a problem with Ketarin, you are spamming. The Ketarin forum is not meant for "publishing".

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, but CybTekSol, spammers *are* contributing. Heck, probably close to 20% of the entire technology world is directly in response to spammers. 1 in 5 of the entire IT world would be unemployed - or, more likely, doing something productive with their lives - if it weren't for spammers. Yeah, I hate them, too. :)

Yes indeed Shawn... you are correct, they have kept me and others busy for many years now. I just feel I could make a larger impact in more critical areas if I didn't have to devote the manpower to combat them... know what I mean?

Too well. I spent over $1k this last month on tech specifically to address spam, and expect another $600 next month when I replace an outdated mailserver with another (far more "spamless") version. Not looking forward to the expenses, but am VERY happy with the results so far.