Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.5 alpha 4

floele

Hi again,

I finished the application lists / setup now and also adjusted the regex processing (done in background thread).

+Finished application lists

*Regular expressions are now processed in a background thread

*Improved inline search in code (Ctrl+I)

!Fixed: "app" variable not available during "test run"

!Fixed: Post download command does not resize properly

http://ketarin.org/downloads/Ketarin/Ketarin-1.5.0.a4.zip

Anything else you'd like to have before we go into the beta phase? :)

So far, I was thinking about prototype templates that allow you to update all applications which have been created from the same template with a new template. Maybe. Suggestions welcome, whatever seems most important to you.

Good work with the lists! I am wondering currently:

- Why does the install function need to check for update? Since regular update function already installs, that seems redundant / waste of time.

- Why not log "install was sucessful", "install not sucessful", "installer not found" messages etc.

So far, I was thinking about prototype templates that allow you to update all applications which have been created from the same template with a new template. Maybe. Suggestions welcome, whatever seems most important to you.

Good idea.

- Okay no big deal, i'm just asking this because it represents an increase of 3-10 seconds (depending on bandwith) per install - but you are most certainly aware of it.

- Maybe the problem here is me since i got used to the old Ketarin behaviour :) with a single, centralized log window, and now, this second, independent log window causes me some confusion. I just thought that logging that data in main log window would minimize this novelty effect but do wait for others feedback.

Edited by josh

First up, Program is bloody top notch! Brilliant to the Nth degree and I love you for it.

Onto the whole 'bug' stuff. There is a slight behaviour difference. When I load up the variables for an application the regex I have to edit a character before it will 'trigger' the old value so I can use the "go to match"

So when I open up the variables, it won't find the old regex in there straight away so I need to delete then put back in a character. Forces the program to refresh perhaps? Just not sure why it doesn't do it upon loading.

Everything else is perfectly fine, out of curiosity though why is there a 3 second gap between the install window coming up and any install commencing? I assume it is just Ketarin processing.

When I load up the variables for an application the regex I have to edit a character before it will 'trigger' the old value so I can use the "go to match"

So when I open up the variables, it won't find the old regex in there straight away so I need to delete then put back in a character. Forces the program to refresh perhaps? Just not sure why it doesn't do it upon loading.

I confirm this as well.

A feature... inquiry of sorts.

For templates, the placeholder, would it be possible for Ketarin to parse variables for the App name? This is handy for quite a few sites for me. Nirsoft/Portableapps.com.

Would make a template easier, if you could parse the variable for the appname like {name} in the placeholder value. Present the first found option to replace the variable (because you don't want it to be a permanent variable) and if it is found to be a dodgy first match to name it yourself.

Too complicated perhaps? A lot of major download sites use a universal convention more or less and would make templates noob friendly as they would only need to provide the download URL.

I have no additional feature requests at the moment that we have not discussed previously in the forum.

Sometimes, it is necessary to add some attention to certain requests. I certainly have a todo list, but I won't know the (possible) importance of some items if you don't mention the feature on a regular basis.

There is a slight behaviour difference. When I load up the variables for an application the regex I have to edit a character before it will 'trigger' the old value so I can use the "go to match"

OK, see it. Will be fixed in the next version.

, out of curiosity though why is there a 3 second gap between the install window coming up and any install commencing

Maybe that's the "updating" process? There shouldn't be any action that requires three seconds of processing.

For templates, the placeholder, would it be possible for Ketarin to parse variables for the App name?

I see your point, will think about it. It would mean though, that without an internet connection it is not possible to create a new application since a connection would be required to determine the name. Not the usual behviour.

I have no additional feature requests at the moment that we have not discussed previously in the forum.

Sometimes, it is necessary to add some attention to certain requests. I certainly have a todo list, but I won't know the (possible) importance of some items if you don't mention the feature on a regular basis.

Sorry Flo... you know this is not my normal character... I've had LITTLE time to concentrate on Ketarin as more illness has struck my family. :( A three-year-old with viral encephalitis... we nearly lost him, partially blinded, loss of motor control and speech. Doctors have prepared us for a long road to recovery and % of recovery is unknown. Everyone... please keep little 'Slade' in your thoughts and prayers!