Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.5 alpha 3

floele

Hi all,

I got some internet access here - though I must say that I am a bit disappointed*. No wireless, no connection in your room, only the possibility to connect your own computer (at least) in an internet cafe located at the hotel. Anyway, I guess it will suffice for my tasks.

Here is a new alpha with the following changes:

+Custom code snippets

+Dual scripting (Batch / C#) with syntax highlighting and snippets

+"Install" context menu entry for application list

!Fixed: Install button misaligned

http://ketarin.org/downloads/Ketarin/Ketarin-1.5.0.a3.zip

With this I also implemented the feature request "Run command without download for simulation (http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=518)" since all code editing areas have a menu which allows you to run the current script.

Next I will look into the regex editing and also need to finish the application selection for setup.

*Concerns the internet connection only. The location, weather and food is great :)

Edited by floele

I look forward to testing it this week Flo... Thanks! :) Enjoy your vacation and make sure your PC is completely patched, antivurus and antispyware are updated while on the 'internet cafe'. I've seen some very clever exploits lingering on them here in the states and some of my clients have fallen victim. :(

The 'GEEK' in me couldn't wait Flo. ;) All I can say is AWESOME!! I LOVE the 'code snippets' and have already inserted virtually all of my batch scripts into it (copy, extract with 7zip, extract with UE, move, rename, delete, etc... This is going to make my geek life even more pleasurable. :)

Update: Only one glitch so far... the 'post download command' window does not resize horizontally or vertically for me as the 'pre download command' window does.

12 snippets populated so far... wonderbar!!

'Install-button' alignment is correct for me with/without 'status bar'... solved indeed!

Now... if I only had C# skills like Flo! ;)

Edited by CybTekSol

Wow, you implemented a lot of new things! :)

I haven't got time to test all - yet - but so far i have 1 question. I was playing with new setup options, on a newly built database, with and without silent installers, and i discovered my instructions were being duplicated everytime i run install (from context menu). Is this normal? It does not seem to affect setup routines but like i said i only tested a couple of applications.

2010-09-22_104454.jpg

@josh: I am not currently able to reproduce the issue. Can you give some step by step instructions?

Hi, i know what the problem is, i had previously added "Setup>Add Instruction>Start process... {file}" to default application, removing that stops duplication.