Ketarin forum

Show/hide log in main program window instead of floating dialog

JohnSim3

Hi Flo,

If it would not be too much trouble I would like to see the log added to the main screen (show/hide option) below the application list instead of the floating dialog it is now?

The list and log should then be separated by a horizontal splitter control of which the program would then "remember" it's position.

Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks and regards,

Johnny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Flo,

When I run Ketarin, usually there will be a few of my downloads not working properly for which I want to see in real-time what Ketarin is doing, but calling out the log will cover part of the Ketarin main window unless I position the log underneath the main window, but then I have to adjust the size of both windows separately and after closing the log, the main windows size will not resize to fit the whole screen.

If the log would be in the main window with just a splitter control between the application list and the log I would need to adjust the size of the main window one time only and would be able to show or hide the log without any need to adjust the main window.

I know this is not a big issue or a 'must have'.

It's just a request for your kind consideration :)

Thanks and regards,

Johnny

Hi Flo,

When I run Ketarin, usually there will be a few of my downloads not working properly for which I want to see in real-time what Ketarin is doing, but calling out the log will cover part of the Ketarin main window unless I position the log underneath the main window, but then I have to adjust the size of both windows separately and after closing the log, the main windows size will not resize to fit the whole screen.

If the log would be in the main window with just a splitter control between the application list and the log I would need to adjust the size of the main window one time only and would be able to show or hide the log without any need to adjust the main window.

I know this is not a big issue or a 'must have'.

It's just a request for your kind consideration :)

Thanks and regards,

Johnny

Good that i use Windows 7 then.Windows 7 has a feature called Aero Snap that allows you to throw window to either right or left side of the screen and there the window is automatically resized to 50% of the screensize.

This allows to run Ketarin at one side and show the log window at the other.Both take equally 50% of screenspace.

It's also possible to select option "Show windows stacked"(rightclick on taskbar) if you prefer to show windows on top and bottom(like you described).

If you use some other OS then maybe there is a third party program that does something similar.

If you use some other OS then maybe there is a third party program that does something similar.

These two will help in WinXP:

Sizer

and

AllSnap

Both are a couple of the first apps I install on clients XP PCs due to their usefullness...

Addendum: I just verified that this works beautifully with Sizer... I created two entries to divide the total screen height by 2 and sized the 'main window' and the 'log window' in a few seconds. For my screen resolution, I created 1440x435 (Top) and 1440x435 (Bottom)... adjust accordingly for your screen resolution.

Hi again,

I am indeed still using Windows XP as it perfectly suites my needs and as far as I am concerned is still is the best Windows version around.

I will try the recommended applications, but I find it a bit too much to install additional software and have it running in the background all the time just to have 1 feature added to a program I used at most once per day.

It was just a request and really no big deal.

Thanks and regards,

Johnny