Ketarin forum

Online Database Updates

Phil

Hello,

just wondering how often does the O.D. gets updated, since the last updated application appear to be on "21/07/2009 15:19:34" . Also the number of uses and dates in the Top 50 have remained the same...

Does it gets updated like each 4 moth or it´s no longer being updated?

Phil

Edited by Phil

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just 'shared' a whole bunch of apps for the O.D. I don't know if they should show up immediately or even at all with the

'sharer', but in any case they haven't.

I find it odd anyway that nobody from the Ketarin people bothered to respond to the questions in this thread, except floele but then nothing for the claims that it still hasn't updated even now (June 2010).

So am i wasting my time sharing my apps for the O.D. or not?

• 2 weeks later...
I just 'shared' a whole bunch of apps for the O.D. I don't know if they should show up immediately or even at all with the

'sharer', but in any case they haven't.

I find it odd anyway that nobody from the Ketarin people bothered to respond to the questions in this thread, except floele but then nothing for the claims that it still hasn't updated even now (June 2010).

So am i wasting my time sharing my apps for the O.D. or not?

I guess the developer/moderator doesn't care enough about his app or at least the users of his app to bother responding to a simple question.

So i can assume the O.D. is crap.

@trident,

Coming from a NEWBIE to Ketarin, I find your assumptions quite offensive. I cannot speak for the developer (Flo), but in response, there is only ONE moderator... me... and I only have control/input over the 'Tips and Tutorials' and 'Templates' sections of the forum... NOTHING ELSE. Due to circumstances beyond my control, such as burying eight family members in the last eleven months, my mother in atrial fibrillation, as well as, personal and professional obligations that seem unmanageable at times, I've had very little time to devote to the forum and have contemplated resigning from the forum. I guess the tone that is developing here has made the decision an easier one for me.

• 2 weeks later...
@trident,

Coming from a NEWBIE to Ketarin, I find your assumptions quite offensive. I cannot speak for the developer (Flo), but in response, there is only ONE moderator... me... and I only have control/input over the 'Tips and Tutorials' and 'Templates' sections of the forum... NOTHING ELSE. Due to circumstances beyond my control, such as burying eight family members in the last eleven months, my mother in atrial fibrillation, as well as, personal and professional obligations that seem unmanageable at times, I've had very little time to devote to the forum and have contemplated resigning from the forum. I guess the tone that is developing here has made the decision an easier one for me.

I am sincerely sorry about your personal losses, and wish you well.

Having said that, i find it unfair that you apparently expect me to know just how many moderators this forum has, who they are, and why they aren't answering a question.

Especially in light of the fact that others have asked similar questions about the O.D. that have NOT been answered since last year. So i've noticed a pattern there.

I also find your use of the word "Newbie" to smack of arrogance. Apparently asking a legitimate question about the application on the application's forum (of all places) is reserved for "veterans". Not many people asking questions then, unless they first spend some time kissing Ketarin rear and lose the "newbie" status that way?

But do you feel better calling new members newbies because without knowing a moderator's personal life they wonder why nobody is bothered answering a simple question?

Good luck with that, then, "veteran". It says more about you than me.

Meanwhile, i notice that my question has STILL not been answered.

Damn everybody that may wonder why the Online Database doesn't seem to be functioning. Is this even a support forum, or just some chat section?

Despite you apparently thinking that your personal tragedies, while unknown to me (being a newbie), are reason to lash out at users who come here not to talk about nonsense but ask legitimate questions, i still hope everything in your life will work out as well as possible.

Please let´s not judge. I did greatly enjoyed O.D. while it was being updated and outdated and overall

Ketarin is still a great app — from a great dev. I´m more hoping that Flo is alright, same to CybTekSol.

I am sincerely sorry about your personal losses, and wish you well.

THANK YOU Trident and I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE for coming down on you so hard... it is out of my character and I should not have let my personal/professional situation 'spill over' into the forum. The last thing I want to do is sour someone's experience with Ketarin as I am so fond of it I donated my time for the past year to aid Flo's efforts.

Having said that, i find it unfair that you apparently expect me to know just how many moderators this forum has, who they are, and why they aren't answering a question.

Under 'User List'... sort by number of posts... descending... and the Titles are listed...

Especially in light of the fact that others have asked similar questions about the O.D. that have NOT been answered since last year. So i've noticed a pattern there.

I believe Flo is devoting all his time to CDBurnerXP these days and will eventually address this...

I also find your use of the word "Newbie" to smack of arrogance.

Sorry, but I was a 'Newbie' at one time also as we all are...

Apparently asking a legitimate question about the application on the application's forum (of all places) is reserved for "veterans".

Not so... it was not the question but the accusatory tone, however, I should NOT have reacted as I did. Again, I apologize.

Meanwhile, i notice that my question has STILL not been answered.

I am sure Flo will be back as soon as possible... PLEASE BE PATIENT EVERYONE and ENJOY Ketarin!

@necrox,

Although I have removed them from the two forum sections that I still have moderator privileges for, I don't have privileges for the other three, so at the present I can't help. I just e-mailed Flo regarding escalating my privileges so at least I can log-in every couple of days and clean things up for him since he's tied up with CDBurnerXP and hopefully he'll give me the privileges required to boot these offensive spammer accounts as well. ;)

FLO!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH with these spammers... 'Elfin Ruler', 'yentb' and this 'leekien' character above have GOT TO GO!! PLEASE either give me the ability to do it or do it as SOON as possible. This is ridiculous and is killing the forum that we have worked so hard for... IMHO. :( There may be others but this would be a start.

• 2 weeks later...