Ketarin forum

Multiple donwloads for one entry

necrox

How about adding more than one download for a single entry? Just an example: I have an entry called "IrfanView Setup". And another one for "IrfanView Plugins". And a 3rd one called "IrfanView Zip". Is it possible to merge all of them? Adding support for subentries would be great. Maybe a new button to add several new subentries?

Thanks

Chris

Edited by necrox

I think this adds to much complexity for now.
Hi,

Maybe if you add folding support (again ;)), this could be achieved using a little trick:

application name: MyApp\32bits

application name: MyApp\64bits

application name: MyApp\no installer

would be displayed

- MyApp

|

---- 32bits

---- 64bits

---- no installer

Thus, no need to modify the setting dialog

This is a nifty idea, i would also like that. =) But it seems a bit complex yeah, how many GUIDs are we talking about, 1, several, 1 parent GUID with several child GUIDs ? 1 parent GUID with several child GUIDs seems the more logic,

- if i delete one of the childs all the others are kept,

- if i delete parent job all childs are deleted,

- if i add a new job a child GUID would go under parent,

- if i wanna add a new child using a template i would use parent GUID (maybe there's an easier option?) and a child GUID is generated under parent.

Easy to say and probably difficult to do. Anyway, you also got my vote. ;)

I'm a little confused by all your GUIDs :)

Are they related to the database? The primary key of the table of applications maybe?

I was actually thinking that this was only a matter of display. There's no need to modify the database to introduce parent/child relation between applications.

Each application would be kept separated into the database.

But only when it comes to fill the list view, for each application:

- does the application's name has a \

- yes, then split it

- is this the first time the left part is encountered,

- yes, then create two new rows, one parent and one child

- no, then append a new child to the existing parent

- no, then add a new row for it

Ah, i was trying to understand Flo's 'complexity'. =) Each job is identified w/a unique GUID in database, and each variable GUID relates to that unique number. So we have already a parent/child GUID relationships, however to create multiple downloads per job i believe Flo needs another table. But he is probably also thinking on increased confusion for user, not sure.

I also like your idea, nice ;)

Edited by FranciscoR

In the interim, I just copy the app entry and paste as a new entry, add (32-bit), (64-bit), (No-Installer), (Portable), etc. to the app name, adjust the regex, etc. as required to solve this issue but some sort of 'grouping' under a main entry for an app with multiple versions, etc. would definitely shorten my displayed list which is now 1275 apps and growing each day. ;)

@andreone

'Subcategories' (http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=288) already produces those results. But i kinda agree with you on folding, display with lots of categories and subcategories in large databases IS confusing, so if folding is possible (as another option?), let's have that. Extracted sample picture from one of your previous posts:

15g8568.png

Edited by FranciscoR