Ketarin forum

Update Ketarin programs without manually closing them

Omniferum

Just thought i'd share something that I use seeing as I have a LOT of apps this helps me as I don't have to manually find and close everything. This should work for XP and upwards.

All this does is exit all the programs that Ketarin would update.

To make it work for you, just change <putyourpathorportabledriveletterhere> to whatever your usual path ketarin installs its programs to. My install path is a global variable so it is easier for me. For example you might dump it all to \KetPrograms\

Use the below command (make it into a .bat file or put it in the execute before updating menu option)

for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %a in ('wmic process get Description^,ExecutablePath^,CommandLine ^| findstr .exe ^| findstr <putyourpathorportabledriveletterhere> ^| findstr /V cmd.exe ^| findstr /v explorer.exe ^| findstr /v notepad.exe ^| findstr /v findstr') do taskkill /f /im "%~na.exe"

Edited by Omniferum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah, so you have to predefine it. Fair enough.

I'll stick with my method, going through my odd 150+ apps just to define process' to terminate is a tad too time consuming.

Plus with mine it finds which process to kill for me, may not terminate it in the nicest way perhaps.

• 1 month later...