Ketarin forum

Global&Default UserAgent (+ketarin-version variable)

u2111

Hi,

Can we have a new global option that allow to set and replace the default "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1)" User Agent ?

And maybe use "Ketarin/{ketarin-version}" as default User Agent (which works with the largely used SF.net and should with with most website) ?

Regards,

Alexandre

Edit: and {ketarin-version} as new variable ?

Edited by Alex131089

But I'm already using template, and I don't think that's their role.

Empty User Agent in app = use the default global User agent

Empty User agent in global settings = use the default internal User agent

That should be the behaviour IMHO.

Edited by Alex131089

This is something we've asked for a couple times. Flo asked for a "use case" to justify the feature.

Personally, while I've got hundreds of apps in there, there are only a few where the UA has been an issue (such as SF.net), and the others have almost always worked with the existing default UA. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a nice feature (especially once I release an upcoming tool I'm writing), but I haven't found it to be a big deal, yet.

This is something we've asked for a couple times. Flo asked for a "use case" to justify the feature.

Yep, I'd like to know in which scenario you'd actually need a default user agent different to the currently used user agent. If there is a better default than I currently use, I'd better include it in Ketarin's code.