Ketarin forum

Remote notification

shawn

reference: http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3654#p3654

Okay, this gives me totally mental ideas here. But I need to know a little more about how Ketarin behaves.

Does Ketarin ALWAYS hit every URL in each variable of the "content from URL" types? That is, even if the VERSION is the same, does Ketarin keep trying the other variables and URLs?

Is there a point within the process of enumerating variables where Ketarin stops processing variables, for example, if they don't programatically appear to perform any required need within the version check, commands, or file naming? That is, if I create a variable named "ignore" and assign it to 'content from URL' with the following URL:

http://example.com/parsed/{appname}/{version}

Having the page set to simply return a couple words or something, but I discard the result (not used in ANY way at all)...will the URL still be hit? Will it only be hit if the version is different than previous?

I'm sorry that I'm probably making this more complicated than it is, but this could REALLY reduce the amount of manual labor required to work on one of my sites, and that would be WONDERFUL. :)

Variables which are not used AT ALL will never be resolved and thus not "downloaded".

But you can always embed a variable in the download URL or so, for example, you could append ?unknownParameter={ignore} to any download URL.