Ketarin forum

TechTools 3.0

illwill

just finished making TechTools which is basically a premade ketarin db and pstart xml that downloads the files for techs to keep their thumbdrives up to date

http://www.whatsmypass.com/techtools-3-0

The only issue still remains is that ketarin still looks for the downloaded zipfile to know if it has to update , so you gotta keep a separate folder for them

hopefully for the next version you can create an extra feature that you can choose whether to keep the individual zip or just record the filesize/modified date into the db so you have to keep the zips anymore

Thanks, illwill! I've been trying to put together my own Ketarin/PStart powered toolkit, and this has saved me so much time!

floele, how do I use that feature? My current command after downloading looks like this for most archived packages:

7z x {file} -o"{root}{toolkit}\{category}\" -y

del {file}

But if I delete the zip file, Ketarin will re-download the zip even if I already have the latest (unzipped) version of the program.

Edit:

Ok, so I figured it out already... :P

I checked "Ignore file information" under Advanced settings and everything seems to be working as desired.

Thanks, floele, Ketarin is an excellent program!

Edited by bsudano

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
yea but if you checkmark that feature you dont get the newest download if the file was extracted from zip the first time

because the zip is there no more

You're right :(

Anyone know of a way of getting around this without having to keep the original zip file?