Ketarin forum

Cancel

krislin

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not....

but when I press cancel, it takes quite a while for Ketarin to actually cancel what it's doing.

Actually, what seems to happen is that it stops when it finishes looking for the updates to the apps that were updating when I pressed cancel.

Could we have it to 'immediately' cancel please?

Thank you,

Kris

I've noticed this as well, and if you hurry it up you could lose some work. If anything 'goes wrong' and Ketarin closes on its own, or if Ketarin is canceled and it closes on its own, none of the changes made to apps during that session are saved.

It appears the database may be updated only when Ketarin closes down normally?

I've made many changes to apps -- new variables, scrapes, regex etc. -- then experienced a problem and Ketarin does not close down normally, all the changes I made during that session are lost.

So I've learned to close and re-launch Ketarin whenever I'd like to "commit" my changes. Would be nice if there was a save/commit button somewhere, so I didn't have to exit and start Ketarin back up. This could be especially helpful if the 'cancel' feature in Ketarin can be more 'immediate' than it currently is, as Ketarin might abort depending on what was in progress when it was canceled.

Just adding my $0.02 USD to your suggestion krislin :-)

--appyface

Actually, whenever you save an application, the changes should be persistent (even if your PC crashes). Actually, that is how it works for me, Ketarin doesn't get closed very often the usual way when I'm debugging it with Visual Studio.

The cancellation problem is basically a problem with WebRequest objects. I'd have to keep track of all and cancel them when the button is pushed. Certainly possible, but not simple.

Actually, whenever you save an application, the changes should be persistent (even if your PC crashes). Actually, that is how it works for me, Ketarin doesn't get closed very often the usual way when I'm debugging it with Visual Studio.

Hi Flo, I'll see if I can hunt up a repeatable example. I have lost my changes often enough that shouldn't be a problem given a little time. I'll get back to you on that. Thanks,

--appyface