Ketarin forum

Folding for large databases

andreone

Folding in GUI ? IMO this is not needed, and I update everyday almost 200 apps. What I would like to have is folding in log (Notepad2, Notepad++... supports it), in case of an error, I have at least 1200 lines to scroll and I often get lost - even with my custom syntax highlight scheme. Now if I have 1200, acording to my calculation, CybTekSol should have... +6000 lines to scroll down. =D We could fold in log by category.

----------------------------------------

Edit: looks like Notepad2 doesn't have this feature. And I mean text folding, I think this could be something simple as adding some folding tokens to the beginning and end of each category...

Edited by FranciscoR

Unfortunately, only Vista would allow me to add folding. And then, it would still be a fair amount of work if I don't have a good wrapper for this functionality. Eventually, it might be useful to switch to a whole new virtualised ListView, however, that would make the Ketarin executable noticably bigger.

Unfortunately, only Vista would allow me to add folding. And then, it would still be a fair amount of work if I don't have a good wrapper for this functionality. Eventually, it might be useful to switch to a whole new virtualised ListView, however, that would make the Ketarin executable noticably bigger.
I don't see why Vista is required. AFAIK, all the feature are provided by the .Net runtime.

You might take a look a this enhanced list view, which provided among other things a "TreeListView": ObjectListView

This is an open source wrapper around the standard ListView, so it works everywhere .Net runs and "should" be easy to integrate (but I don't know for sure if you can directly replace a ListView by an ObjectListView).

The size of the assembly is 144Ko.