emil.sekula

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you see when you put

how do I run a program from the command line

into Google?

emil, please I don't mean this in an angry way, please do try to help yourself first before posting?

We will be happy to try and help you with problems related to Ketarin but many of your questions here are centered around basic and general windows skills. There is a LOT of good information on the internet to help you learn these skills... just start googling your questions and see what you get.

Again PLEASE don't take this the wrong way? I'd just like to see you try to first hunt up the answers for yourself. The more you try to do that the better you will get at helping yourself. OK?

Best,

--appyface

Edited by appyface

OK so you WERE able to help yourself figure out how to use the command line options? That is good :) Now we are back to Ketarin questions :)

I have not tried either of those options, but I agree they do not look like they would close Ketarin after updating.

???? I have same question as emil.

LOL as I said I didn't try it. Just reading the info, it says there will be NO GUI. Nothing else is mentioned in the doc that I could see... what else does it do?

So. You're saying when the SILENT switch is added, Ketarin will also exit when done? How about if Ketarin launches another process after it finishes updating? Will Ketarin still exit?

Questions... Questions... :)

• 2 weeks later...

With ref to the:

You can also run Ketarin from command line. These arguments are available:

/SILENT No GUI is shown and Ketarin updates all available applications

/NOTIFY (additional to /SILENT) Ketarin will show an icon in the task bar

Is it possible to modify /SILENT to just check for an update rather than download it? I understand if the app is say version 1.0 and you already have this no download would take place

I also understand the 'Beta' setting in Advanced settings would manage a beta version or would setting the Beta option treat all new versions say a version 1.1 as 'Beta'?)

I know you can set a value for the change notification but sometimes even a 'stable' version may require a manual check by the user before they were happy to download it so the option to just check for an update makes sense unless it's already available. Unless by 'updates all available applications' does NOT download them in which case this question is really Null & Void

/SILENT -check updates

/SILENT - check updates download

• 2 weeks later...

@emil

While I usually argue with Flo when he doesn't want to do something (just on principle) :) in this case I'm not understanding what you are looking for him to add to Ketarin, that is otherwise not possible?

I tried Windows task scheduler as you were trying to do, to schedule Ketarin every xx minutes throughout the day. It works here (XP Pro SP3) -- so I know it is possible to do this.

What is different, that you want Ketarin to do? I'm trying to understand why you think this feature is necessary.

--appyface

Well, I would like to use Ketarin as software updater and one updater (in my opinion) should check for updates every x time. I remember when I do it with task scheduler after x time and I had close Ketarin manually from tool bar every time. If this option will be never available in Ketarin just tell me clear, I will let this program forever.

@emil -

Do you have command set within Ketarin, to run something before or after updating? Ketarin will NOT close until that other program also closes... did you do that? You cannot do that and schedule it from the task manager.

Also, Ketarin will not close unless you use the /silent parameter. Did you use that?

Ketarin works for me from task manager, and it always closes, I make sure there is no command being launched by Ketarin and the /silent parameter is on the command line in task manager. So you must not be doing exactly that. Maybe we can find out what you are not doing that you need to do?

--appyface