Ketarin forum

Variable in variable

Martin Zugec

Hi,

first of all, I really really love Ketarin. Few years ago I wrote similar tool and I always wanted to rewrite it and make it perfect - but you were first ;)

However there is something I am missing. There are some pages (typically SourceForge), where you need to click on few diffrerent links to get where you want.

My idea how to solve that was pretty easy, however doesn't work:

1.) Specify {Var1} that is loaded from main page (this can be "Download" button link for example)

2.) Specify {Var2} - source URL is {Var1} + definition

This is however not possible (The specified URL is not valid). If you could allow to use variables also for download definition, it would be really nice to support complex sites.

Hi floele,

I was able to get what I needed, however it was just an idea -> if you could support jumping from link to link first, one day you could build GUI frontend based on this technology.

BTW is there any repository with templates? I am planning to write series of posts about personal "cloud", I use also Ketarin for automatic synchronization\generation of sources...

Martin

• 2 weeks later...