Jump to content
Ketarin forum

Ambimind

Members
  • Content Count

    58
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

9,344 profile views
  1. Thanks for clearly reporting your problem, jusseppe. Please try the new version I've uploaded(see original post); I think I've found the cause of the error - entirely my fault. Also, see the working example I've uploaded. An alternative resolution : If your firewall is not blocking chrome and\or kuppet, you can try changing kuppets default working port : Tip : If you remove "-WindowStyle hidden" from the command line, kuppet will tell you a short story
  2. Download Link Kuppet update, 14 September 2021 : - Upgraded chrome to v93. - Fixed failure to deal properly with favicon and third-party js requests - causing failure to return and exit. - Now returns text/plain not text/html. - Log indicates which urls are rejected(i.e. missing https:// at start). - Increased default timeout to 10 seconds, after successful request. - Added working example to post. Logitech_Options.xml
  3. The URL shown in solution A is taken from AIMP's windows download page. While it includes no obvious reference to an executable, when followed, their web server will always redirect to the latest version of AIMP's exe. When a Ketarin variable is provided a URL which does not refer to a file containing searchable textual content, it returns the file's HTTP headers instead; this feature is used to determine the latest version+build number, in solution A. When regular expressions employ "capturing groups"(eg. G1 & G2), only the first capturing group(G1) match, backed by red, is retu
  4. I understand your ultimate goal to be : Retrieve AIMP's current version number, including build number, in the following format : [versionNumber].[build] Below I present two possible solutions using Ketarin. Solution A retrieves HTTP headers for the file, then extracts the version and build info from the file name - all within a single variable. Solution B uses two dependent variables : First the version+build string is extracted from the webpage in versionstr, then the ", build " text is removed using a replace function in version(note that version's contents is set to "Textua
  5. Please consult the following image to achieve your intended regex-goal.
  6. Please see image below for a complete description of the method : This is not a new feature; however it is very useful and sufficiently obscure that I was not aware of it, after several years of extensive Ketarin use.
  7. @Sydnelson What I do atm : 1. Create separate Ketarin jobs for each version. 2. During installation run both, but ... 3. Each job checks for the windows version and architecture appropriate for the program. 4. Installation occurs only when conditions are met. In case you need to download additional files, use Powershell's wget\Invoke-WebRequest, or GNU wget, stored next to the Ketarin executable, eg. "{startuppath}\BIN\wget.exe". If you're new to Ketarin I can provide a more detailed step-by-step answer if you like?
  8. @Etz What errors does Ketarin log show? Tried the script with slight modifications, to account for assumption not met by my system, without issue. Functional modifications : Finds executables in current app dir, rather than dir specified in "portable". Tested as an app\job specific script, not global. Global variable shortcuts = C:\ $PortableAppsPath = (Get-Item $app.CurrentLocation).DirectoryName $WShell = New-Object -ComObject WScript.Shell $Executables = Get-ChildItem (Get-Item $app.CurrentLocation).DirectoryName -Filter '*.exe' -Recurse if ($Executables.Count -gt
  9. Thank you! ----- Download link : https://ketarin.org/download
  10. Thanks for the feedback. I've identified the number of download segments as cause for the difference between our results. In my original post the value is set to 1, resulting in an extended delay of 2-4 minutes - not present with segments set to 2 or more(your case). Seems to apply only to the first job run; after the file is downloaded successive job runs are not delayed in either case. I wrongly assumed failure because of this extended delay and lack of valid download indicator.
  11. Google Drive direct links not downloading, with unusual behavior Context Have written a Powershell script to get direct download URL of Google Drive stored files. The URL produced can be used in any web-browser to download the file directly, but not in Ketarin(depending on file type). To reproduce Import gdrive_test.xml into Ketarin. Update the job. Expected outcome Qualifications This behavior depends on the file-type : .zip and .mp4 files will fail, while .jpg and .doc files will download. Different files may be tested by changing the "
  12. Thank you. It was a silly user(my) error, pardon me.
  13. After attempting to update to beta 4(thanks), I get the following - Ketarin does not start:
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.