Ketarin forum

More preferences such as default save location

Stalker

It would be nice to see some new preferences fields like:

default download location (so the user won't have to enter it every time manually)

ability to append app's category to save dir (so for example if I specify D:\Distrib\ and my app is in Security category it gets saved into D:\Distrib\Security\)

having in mind everything above, an ability to just specify the file name I want to be used and it'll automatically append the default download dir

Otherwise I would like to thank you for a wonderful utility. Always wanted something like this to keep my packages up to date.

Regarding the "default path": Wouldn't it be a better idea to have a possibility to specify global variables (with name and fixed value) for use in paths and commands? This way, you could not only specify default paths, but also commands or whatever might use variables in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

The variables work like a charm but a small request if I may. There's no way to show the value of a variables.

For example I have DISTRIBDIR set to be the directory to download files to. "Target"column now shows a bunch of {DISTRIBDIR}'s. Not very helpful. Would it be possible to show the actual variable value ? Maybe a switch between var name and var value ?

Another problem is in variables in download links. I've set up a link with dynamic version field, clicked "Update" and got 404. Now there's no way for me to know what went wrong. I don't know what value does the variable contain. Could it be possible when adding variables for link creation to show the actual value after everything was set ? Or maybe error window will show the actual link it used to get to an error.

• 4 weeks later...

Would it be possible to do that all program entry-related variables are defined on the last update ? In case you need to refresh the variable (even such Internet-unrelated as {category}) you would just run the update. While some variables may not update (let's assume there's no network connection), some, like {category} will.

EDIT: Actually as far as I can tell something like this is already implemented via CachedContent (UrlVariableCollection::GetVariableContent() is where I'm getting it from).

Edited by Stalker

I guess you won't give up...just make sure that you throughly test the upcoming version :-p

I'm persistent kind of person :P Thanks for actually considering it see as you're not obligated to actually change something app being free and open source and all that. No, really, appreciate it.