Ketarin forum

Exclude Folder from Deletion

Knightmare

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to save my settings in a portable program while deleting everything else in the folder. I'm using the portable version of Slimjet and I noticed that there were multiple MANIFEST files in the folder where Slimjet was extracted because the older file was still there. It would be easy enough to just delete the MANIFEST file before downloading and extracting the newer version, but then again, I don't know if there are other files/folders that are changed with each update. My solution would be to delete the extracted folder for the old version prior to downloading the new version, but I have Slimjet setup a certain way that I don't want to reconfigure it every time I use it. So I wanted to know if there is a way to remove all of the folders/files surrounding the User Data folder.

Thank you

4 hours ago, shawn said:

Slimjet recommends just overwriting the target folder with newer files. Most portable apps work that way. If you're concerned about having a clean install folder, then you should erase the entire destination folder before extracting there.

Okay, then I'll just delete the manifest file before the extraction. Otherwise, it'll just pile up.