Ketarin forum

OT to Ketarin... OR not: free M$ press

FranciscoR

Windows Vista Resource Kit, Second Edition

By Mitch Tulloch, Tony Northrup, and Jerry Honeycutt with the Windows Vista Team

http://csna01.libredigital.com/?urws8un4p7

Microsoft® Visual C#® 2008 Express Edition: Build a Program Now!

By Patrice Pelland

http://csna01.libredigital.com/?urrs4gt63d

Note: I was unable to DL with FF, but IE worked fine.

I like Linux much better than Windows, but I simply can't change: Autocad, Revit MEP, Autodesk software in general, CYPE... not sure on Adobe stuff... now Ketarin... these don't work under Wine or provide Linux versions. Anyway, when you work most of the time in a team, as I do, decision has to be somewhat shared.

I like Linux much better than Windows, but I simply can't change: Autocad, Revit MEP, Autodesk software in general, CYPE... not sure on Adobe stuff... now Ketarin... these don't work under Wine or provide Linux versions. Anyway, when you work most of the time in a team, as I do, decision has to be somewhat shared.

I FEEL your pain... I'm caught in the same conundrum! :(

@Stalker

I "feel" your pain LOL

Actually I'm pretty happy with linux, but I know what you mean. Having grown up in the 'command line' generation (mainframes with cards/paper tape, then TTY! wow what a dream machine LOL, some minis, eventually my first 8086 and CP/M OS... today IBM AIX) I use command line and keyboard far more easily than mouse. Each time CybTekSol is asking for more mouse shortcuts I'm asking for the equivalent keyboard shortcuts! LOL

That said, I was not familiar with Xandros Linux until I bought my ASUS EeePC 1000 Linux last fall. Honestly, I could put Xandros in front of the 'light' to 'average' Windows user and they'd probably be a little suspicious, but not really know if it is or isn't Windows (dead giveway: open command, er, terminal window LOL).

Xandros is so Windows-like it even hangs and crashes like Windows :-/ Which made me less impressed and it was replaced with XP Home for now.

I will eventually return to Linux on that little guy because of battery life if nothing else (7 hours with Linux, 4.5 with XP Home). But I probably won't put Xandros back on...

Enough... that's not only OT to Ketarin but way OT to FranciscoR's thread!!!!