Ketarin forum

Managing Ketarin development & Source (Codeplex/GoogleCode) thoughts?

somerandomhash

I have been looking through the source Flo sent me and while I am not a C# user I have been able to fathom some stuff and will investigate this more and post some findings. I installed MS Express C#2008 and have been having a look around.

@ Flo the source is not 100% reliable as it makes reference's to folders and files on your set-up i.e Drive letter M as well as CDBurner files.

it occurred to that this application could 'possibly' benefit from some external management of the source I know Microsoft are keen to start helping out the Open Source community via their http://www.codeplex.com site or Google project hosting may be an alternative. I don't know if you have thought or consider this applicable but I know I would be happy to get involved in it. I have good knowledge of the Google code hosting set-up (Wiki & Issue tracking) and would be more than wiling to help manage it on behalf of a small but growing community as I am sure others would.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I don't think that I need sf.net or others currently, I have pretty much all resources I need.

Regarding the sources: You'll have to live with M and "unlinked" files in the projects. I'm not going to adjust the way I locally develop for the source code package ;)

Understandable but I thought I would raise the point, I wasn't planning on recompiling and releasing it for $$

Believe me this is my first steps with C# and I can still learn LOTS, and will probably eventually work out how to manage it (eventually being the keyword)

as for the Codeplex/SF/GoogleCode, like I said just a thought, you carry on doing what you do best :-)

Edited by somerandomhash