Ketarin forum

Find command in log?

appyface

Another very minor request...

A simple "find" command in the log window?

Sometimes I see Ketarin did/didn't update an app when I thought it ought to be different, I can hop into the log and see what happened.

Current workaround is to right-click, choose select-all, CTRL-C (or right-click, choose copy), launch a text editor, and paste log contents there.

Not a big deal. But for a quick checkup on one or two apps in a big log, CTRL-F would be handy.

Thanks and regards,

--appyface

P.S. Could we have CTRL-A also invoke the 'select-all' function in the log window? I tend to be a keyboard person and not a right-click person. Again no big deal, but if it's easy...?

P.S. Could we have CTRL-A also invoke the 'select-all' function in the log window? I tend to be a keyboard person and not a right-click person. Again no big deal, but if it's easy...?
Flo... might I add 'right-click' requests for this and Ctrl-C in the 'log window' and the 'failed update window' at some point in a FUTURE release... PLEASE ;) since I am a 'right-click' junkie? Edited by CybTekSol

@CybTekSol

Copy and paste right-click is already available in Log window...? Does that not work for you? You have to select something before copy will work, FYI.

Dunno about failed update window, I see that window all the time but haven't tried to copy from it in awhile.

But yes I second the idea that in both places, both keyboard (CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-V) and right-click (Select-all, copy, paste) would be nice to have available...

Copy and paste right-click is already available in Log window...? Does that not work for you? You have to select something before copy will work, FYI.

My bad... must have overlooked this in the chaotic workload lately. ;)
Dunno about failed update window, I see that window all the time but haven't tried to copy from it in awhile.
Last time I checked, it has not been implemented there.
But yes I second the idea that in both places, both keyboard (CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-V) and right-click (Select-all, copy, paste) would be nice to have available...
Agreed.