Ketarin forum

Command Line usage

slackersas

Hello,

i would like to request more command line options. it would be best to be able to import a application from an online data base from the command line.

i would imagine it would work something like this...

ketarin.exe /search clam

Application last update application id

ClamWin 2009.02.18 329

ClamWin Portable 2009.01.20 245

having the ability to search, would be very simlar to how it works now with the gui, i added the application id's for the next part, importing

ketarin.exe / import 329 /dir e:\install\ClamWin.exe

ClamWin imported Successfully.

using an id is much easier than trying to type a specific name, specifiying the location to download the file to would also help

then the classic updating of the application

ketarin.exe /SILENT

this would help a lot especially for people who connect remotely via ssh, or people who wanted to make silent install scrips and use the latest version of the software.

thank you very much for reading my rant.

that maybe and does sound very reasonable, however, the ability to download the latest version of required software and run in a batch setting would be beneficial on a much larger scale, the changes purposed are not gigantic, they change where the out put is sent to. im comfortable waiting till post 1.0, im concerned that this will be brushed aside.