Ketarin forum

CRC Error Why?

UksusoFF

Since that happens only upon the completion of a download, it would make perfect sense that it wouldn't replace files correctly. I think the issue is most likely one of contention or another download completion issue. Do you happen to have a profile for an app that consistently experiences the problem?

Hmm... Now I'm wondering if this is somehow related to an issue I just noticed with the event processing. It would explain the series of errors you're seeing. Are you using any before-updating or after-updating events either globally or within the apps that fail? I'm referencing a potentially non-existent variable within the global after-update event, and *sometimes* when it's called, the event is being terminated (it doesn't complete).

I suspect that this is causing the other after-update events to fail, which results in the files not replacing their original counterparts, and thus the CRC doesn't match - because the *expected* file isn't actually the new one. I just went thru and updated 53 app profiles within Ketarin because they didn't have these variables I require within them. While I still have a bunch of errors related to the Codeplex template, the other errors I was experiencing have now all disappeared.