Ketarin forum

Ketarin does not load from flash drive on different PC's

Guest Chris

Guest Chris

Hi

I am new to Ketarin, but have installed all applications and they work and I can install them but when I move the flash drive to a different PC and start Ketarin it says that there is no apps loaded.

Can someone help with matter.

Thank You

Is the drive letter the same when you plug it into other computers?

In the "download location" option of the "application" tab for your downloads, what are the settings set to? For dynamic devices where the path could change, it's important to make them relative, such as "save in folder" with ".\{category}\" as the folder path.

Guest Chris

The drive letter I have to change every time I am on another PC. I have placed my apps in a folder labeled apps in the Ketarin folder so the path would be the flash drive itself.

Could you please answer my question: In the "download location" option of the "application" tab for your downloads, what are the settings set to? Post a screen shot, or just type the values here.

To get to this screen, double-click any app profile in Ketarin. It will open up to the "application" tab where the app name, category, download behavior and download location are. We *need* to know what you have set in the download location section.

Guest Chris

Sorry about my mess up I am doing many things at once here. I can not seem to get my screen capture to paste in here but The destination location is save to folder checked off and this is where the app is saved to. F:\Ketarin-1.6.0.434\APPS\

Sorry for offtopic but shawn, i wanted to ask. If one has global variable defined in the download location, then does global variable also work with referential paths?

Meaning i can enter for example "/APPS" in ketarin settings instead of "C:/APPS" in the global variables tab, and then use the variable name in the download location.

Guest Chris

@Shawn, I went back and took out the F: in the path then went back to the setup tab then to start to change the path there, then did an update twice then tried to bring up Ketarin in a windows XP PC it still came up with no applications loaded then tried it in a windows 7 PC same thing then a Vista PC still the same thing. The apps in the folder do update because I can install them from there. Is it possible that Ketarin got corrupted some how?

Thank You

Guest Chris

I did get different PC's to see Ketarin by copying the jobs.db file from the appdata roaming file in my c: drive and putting it in the Ketarin folder. The only problem now is I can not install any of the apps because of a popup that says Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Win32 handle that was passed to Icon is not valid or is the wrong type. I also tried to upload an image of the popup but it still would not take so I went to Uppit.com to up load the image here is the link to the image. http://up.ht/MV3fnc

Thank You

Any chance you copied the jobs.db from the appdata/roaming folder while the app was running? Close Ketarin and copy the jobs.db from that folder next to your ketarin.exe file again. Then reopen Ketarin, re-run (force) the downloads, then close it, copy them to the USB and try again.