Ketarin forum

Any way to launch Ketarin without it starts updating all apps?

TerDale

Hi all,

I wonder if there is a way to launch Ketarin and prevent it to start update all. Indeed, I don't use to have K. always running. So, from time to time I want to add a new app to my list, then I have to launch it, and the to click the Cancel button, and finally to wait a bit. While it is not a big deal, that would be nice to be able to prevent auto start of "update all", thanks to a command-line option for instance.

TIA

Yes I did, but my post was not clear enough, actually I have 2 usages with Ketarin:

- I had set it up as a scheduled task, and as such I really want that it updates automatically, so I have to keep the aforementioned setting enabled,

- OTOH, from time to time I'd like to start it without having it updating all at startup, in order to add a new app,

So, using the above-mentioned setting would be uneasy and error prone, as I would have to unset it after the last schedule, but don't forget to re-enable it before the next one.

So here is my request: a command-line option that would override the "Update automatically at startup" setting.

I see.Then i suggest you use the /silent flag when configuring Ketarin in scheduled tasks but keep the mentioned autoupdate setting unchecked.

That way when the scheduler runs the task silently, it always updates all apps, but if you run Ketarin manually you can add app and close it.

See more command line arguments here: http://wiki.ketarin...._line_arguments

EDIT: Not totally sure if /silent works like i said but you can experiment and let me know.

See more command line arguments here: http://wiki.ketarin...._line_arguments

Yep, I checked this page before posting, but the behavior you described was not obvious when reading the /silent option

EDIT: Not totally sure if /silent works like i said but you can experiment and let me know.

OK, so "not obvious" not only for me ;-). I'll try it and will let you know shortly.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion