Ketarin forum

Does Ketarin check file size differences in determining a new version?

GollyJer

Today is my first foray into Ketarin and I'm loving it.

The app I'm attempting to create a section for is Actual Multiple Monitors. The download URL is http://www.actualtools.com/hfiles/ammsetup.exe and the file name never includes the version number. How do I approach this? A "no version information" example isn't discussed in the Basics section of the wiki.

Does Ketarin check the file size for differences in determining a new version? Maybe this is a stupid question as it seems this would be the primary way Ketarin would know the file is different.

The website http://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors contains some text with the current version number. Would that only be used to create variables to generate the download url and change the saved file name if desired?

Thanks.

Ketarin checks file size and date, which most websites publish for their downloads within the links themselves.

Out of almost 200 apps i've only had to set one app to be 'version check variable', but that is for a specific build of winrar.

Otherwise trust Ketarin to know best, it has worked for me so far.

Variable version checks do nothing beyond telling Ketarin "Awesome! you can download now" you can however use the variable assigned to name the file you download further if you really really want it to.

Out of almost 200 apps i've only had to set one app to be 'version check variable', but that is for a specific build of winrar

Yeah what is it with winrar anyway?.The only way to make sure you get a new version when it's actually new is to use variable for change check.With regular size check the damn thing downloads every day.