Ketarin forum
callofdutyrepo

Help setting up silent install

Currently my setup is set to Start process {file}.  This works with opening the .exe after Ketarin downloads the file and I can click next and the map installs to the proper directory that the map files are stored for the game.  However if I add the /S (NSIS) argument the installer does install silently, but it just installs the map to the same folder the .exe file is in.  I'm pretty new to this so as much help setting the proper install path i can get would be great.

Current setup of map installer.

- Maps downloads are .exe files, and use the NSIS installer.

- opening .exe I have to click Next> then click I Agree to the License Agreement.

- Map begins installing and the maps folder is placed in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods

- The map folder will always be located at the same directory, except for the username will be different.

I don't play COD, so this is based only on what you said. Since the maps are located in the User folder you have three options:

1) You can use the "/D" switch to set the installation directory:

"{file}" /S /D="%LocalAppData%\Activision\CoDWaW\mods"

2) You can copy the EXE file there and run it from that folder:

copy /y "{file}" "%LocalAppData%\Activision\CoDWaW\mods\"
"%LocalAppData%\Activision\CoDWaW\mods\{file:filename}" /S

3) If you want to install it for all users on a device you can run it from the download folder and copy the files into each mods folder (assumes that the download folder has ONLY the installation file and nothing else in it):

"{file}" /S
for /d %%u in (c:\users\*) do (
    robocopy "{file:directory}" "%%u\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods" /xf "{file:filename}"
)

Option 1 worked great, thank you so much.  One more question is there a way I could apply the argument to all the maps I have added so far?  Lol I have added 700 maps, it would make it much easier to add the argument only once.

Yes, two ways I can think of.

Option 1) Edit the XML: it might be a bit of a challenge if you're not comfortable with XML.

The easy way is to find+replace the command in the raw XML. 

Select-all in the main Ketarin interface then copy (CTRL+C).

Open Notepad++ (or your favorite text editor with accurate find & replace support).

Find & replace the previous command(s) with the new one.

Select all, copy, paste back into Ketarin. 

Option 2) Use a database editor to assign the ExecuteCommand value to the new command. 

Use DB4S to open the jobs.db file. "Browse Data" for the jobs table. Either paste the command into the ExecuteCommand column for each of your maps or use SQL to change it on several at once. If you're comfortable with using an SQL command you can use one of these, but I recommend you backup your jobs.db file first.

This one applies the new command to EVERY profile you have:

UPDATE jobs SET ExecuteCommand = '"{file}" /S /D="%LocalAppData%\Activision\CoDWaW\mods"';

This one applies the new command to ONLY the profiles in the category "Mods":

UPDATE jobs SET ExecuteCommand = '"{file}" /S /D="%LocalAppData%\Activision\CoDWaW\mods"' WHERE Category='Mods';

Good luck.

Thank you so much for this, I have ran into a bit of a problem, since 1/4 of the installers are not working properly.  Anyways once I convert the installers I'll use the above to apply the changes.