Ketarin forum

The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine

appyface

Guess what: DB created on desktop (on failed XML import) is empty.

k4xe2o.png

-----------------------------------------

Edit:

Importing the same XML from Desktop to empty DB 'jobs.db', w/Ketarin in the same location, doesn't produce the error (for me).

Edited by FranciscoR

I had a feeling my exact scenario was not being duplicated... now you have and get the zero-length db like I do... at least it isn't just my system.

Here's screenshot of zero-length db just as it appeared:

th_ketarin_servu_test_db_appearance1.jpg

I launched Ketarin with command to create servu_test.db, then used File -> Import and navigated one level up to my XML. Before clicking "open" I positioned my display so I could see when the zero-length servu_test.db got created. It showed up just as the error message box appeared.

@Stalker

My command to Ketarin is that one-liner, in a .bat file in the same directory with Ketarin.

THAT db you mention is OK. That is not the problem. It's the zero-length db that is being created in the directory where the imported XML is coming from (a directory higher up the path from Ketarin directory).

Try putting the XML in the D:\Program_Files_NOINST\ directory, cd into D:\Program_Files_NOINST\Ketarin-1.0.5.254\ and launch the Ketarin one-liner (bat file or directly), then choose File -> Import and navigate up the line to the XML.

Do you see a "servu_test.db" get created in the same directory with the XML? That is zero-bytes in length?

Hmm... It is kinda weird. The database file should be created in the shell's current directory (in case you cd'ed into Ketarin's dir it should be in Ketarin's dir). It is so for me. Have no idea why it's created one level up for you. It really shouldn't do that.

Could you, maybe, upload your Ketarin folder somewhere so we could try to reproduce it using your install ?

Dejá-vu ? =)

I'm using cmd.exe, the *only* difference I see here, and correct me if I'm wrong, is the location of the *new* DB. I'm launching XML from desktop, so Ketarin creates *new* empty DB in desktop. Why ? - don't ask me.

@Stalker

Would you please go back over what I wrote, point by point, and try to recreate? Please let me know what parts I didn't explain well? I'm not understanding your confusion. I get two db's -- a good one and a bad one. If you repeat my steps do you not get that too? Please go back over and make sure you're doing my same steps, and let me know if something isn't clear? TIA...

@Francisco

I only know of three ways to launch Ketarin with a command line switch...

1. A .bat file (which uses CMD.EXE in the case of XP, which is what I'm using)

2. Open a command window (which is again CMD.EXE), navigate to Ketarin's directory and type in the Ketarin invocation line I gave

3. Create a shortcut in the Ketarin directory with the invocation launch line

All three behave the same for me, if I import XML from directory above Ketarin in the Ketarin path, the second zero-length db gets created and I get the errors.

Do you have another way to launch Ketarin with the command line switch? TIA.

What I meant was: why do you say I had a feeling my exact scenario was not being duplicated ? It is duplicated if you ask me.

PS. I don't actually understand if you're asking a question or replying to my post. If it's a question, reply is no, I don't know others, usually I use 2) or 3), in this case 2).

Edited by FranciscoR

What I meant was: why do you say I had a feeling my exact scenario was not being duplicated ? It is duplicated if you ask me.

Yes I think YOU have duplicated it. I think others have not... hence the questions/results...

Yes I was responding to you, to this part of your post:

I'm using cmd.exe, the *only* difference I see here

I'm using CMD.EXE too (via bat file) so I don't know what you meant by "difference". So I thought maybe you had another way of launching Ketarin with command line switch, that I didn't know about :)

Man... I'm dizzy from reading all of this. ;) I've never experienced anything similar to this as I have always run Ketarin from the same folder as the Jobs.db file. For example, for my 'all categories' Ketarin, the folder is simply Ketarin, for my 'testing' Ketarin, the folder is Ketarin (Testing), for my 'portable apps' Ketarin, the folder is Ketarin (Portable-Apps) and so on. In other words, a Ketarin.exe, System.Data.SQLite.DLL and Jobs.db in each folder which makes everything portable between all my PCs on my network. Although, it wastes a little HD space, it works well for me so far. The problems being discussed here are indeed puzzling!

@appyface

Actually this one works using http://www.rhinosoft.com/searchmirrors.asp?prod=su&download=2 (mirror2). =D

05-04-2009 17:06:35: Update started with 1 application(s)

05-04-2009 17:06:35: Genérico: Using referer: http://www.serv-u.com/dn.asp

05-04-2009 17:06:50: Genérico: Failed, O tempo limite da operação expirou

05-04-2009 17:06:50: Genérico: Using referer: http://www.serv-u.com/dn.asp

05-04-2009 17:06:56: Genérico: Server source file: /searchmirrors.asp

05-04-2009 17:06:56: Genérico: Determined target file name: D:\Programas\Test\su8005.exe

05-04-2009 17:06:56: Genérico: Checking if update is required...

05-04-2009 17:06:56: Genérico: Update required, 'D:\Programas\Test\su8005.exe' does not yet exist

05-04-2009 17:07:07: Update finished

pfffttt

=D

------------------------------

hxxp://www.rhinosoft.com/searchmirrors.asp?prod=su&download=2

(currently downloading from mediafire)

hxxp://www.rhinosoft.com/searchmirrors.asp?prod=su&download=4

(currently downloading from mediafire)

for the moment don't work for me;

hxxp://www.rhinosoft.com/searchmirrors.asp?prod=su&download=1

(currently downloading from hotlinkfiles)

hxxp://www.rhinosoft.com/searchmirrors.asp?prod=su&download=3

(currently downloading from 4shared)

do work for me; why ? looking foward to get that ;)

Edited by FranciscoR

hxxp://www.serv-u.com/susetup1.exe This is the one I had always been using, then one day gave error (subject of this thread). Then it worked and I got version 8.0.0.7 downloaded. Then, it didn't work...

Just now, it worked? That is, does not give error (but there is no new version, so nothing downloaded). Green checkmark.

I tried the other three alternate URLs given:

hxxp://www.serv-u.com/susetup2.exe - green checkmark

hxxp://www.serv-u.com/susetup3.exe - no error. It downloaded, but only because the filename determined for output was a little different (should not have been; I'll look into the reason for that)

hxxp://www.serv-u.com/susetup4.exe - gives "the server committed a protocol violation" error.

{sigh}

Edited by appyface

@Flo

I think the XML import issue got lost up above... See my post #15 and Francisco's post #26 (he duplicated my issue).

1. Launch Ketarin with command line to /database:somename.db (NOT jobs.db, and in the same directory with Ketarin).

"somename.db" will be created when Ketarin is launched.

2. Import XML for a single job. The XML file NOT in same directory with Ketarin and the "somename.db", but in another directory either higher up the path from Ketarin or perhaps just a different location altogether (not sure, haven't tested)

3. -0- length "jobs.db" will appear in the directory with the XML file just imported

4. Anything you try to do now with "somename.db" will have errors

Can you replicate, Flo?

Francisco, can you still replicate?

Stalker, were you ever able to replicate?

TIA all...

That is, if the XML being imported is in another directory from where Ketarin is, AND Ketarin was launched with a db name OTHER than "jobs.db", importing the XML causes an invalid zero-length jobs.db to be created in the directory with the XML files.

hxxp://www.serv-u.com/susetup1.exe This is the one I had always been using, then one day gave error (subject of this thread).

1. I know you are using that url (3 http redirects), I'm trying a different approach (1 http redirect) to get the same file.

2. Your mirror results are currently not consistent with myne. For me only mirror 1 and 3 work, but previously I was downloading from 2 (mediafire) and mirror 1 always failed to work. I'll monitor this for a couple of days.

Francisco, can you still replicate?

Probably, yeah, but I have discarded that virtual machine state. When Flo implements a fix I'll help you to test it.

Edited by FranciscoR

Took me awhile to get back to this (the XML import issue), to test with Ketarin 1.0.6.

I can still reproduce same behavior, -0- length db is created in the directory where I import the XML from, and Ketarin has error message. But doesn't throw exception any longer.

If anyone would care to try to recreate, here's my setup. I'll assume the drive letter and actual directory names are unimportant, since I've been able to reproduce on a few different drives/directory names.

1. Create full directory path: x:\ketarin_versions\ketarin-1.0.6\

2. Copy latest Ketarin 1.0.6 exe into directory ketarin-1.0.6

3. Create a .bat file into same directory, named: ketarin-test.bat

4. Contents of ketarin-test.bat is one line as follows:

ketarin.exe /DATABASE:servu_test.db

5. From a working Ketarin instance in another location, export a job to XML (if you don't have one to test with already). The job is not important from what I can see; I've tried several and they all fail equally.

6. Copy the exported job XML into path x:\ketarin_versions\ This is one level higher than Ketarin's directory.

7. Using CMD window -or- Windows Explorer, change directory to x:\ketarin_versions\ketarin-1.0.6\

8. Execute the "ketarin-test" .bat file. A new db, servu-test.db, will be created in the directory with Ketarin.

9. Use menu choice: File -> Import and navigate to x:\ketarin_versions\ directory, choose your job.xml file to import.

10. Ketarin gives error dialog pop-up:

Failed to import the file: SQLite error no such table: jobs.

11. Examine the contents of the x:\ketarin_versions\ directory (where the XML was imported from), a new -0- length 'servu-test.db' will have been created there. I believe this -0- length db is responsible for the error messages from Ketarin.

I have not done any testing to determine if the steps required to reproduce are limited to most or all of the above. If any of you try to recreate and cannot, please confirm you have not deviated from the above steps.

Thanks all for any help with this. Flo, is there anything you can see that might be driving this? TIA,

--appyface

• 3 months later...