Ketarin forum

Last Updated include Last Version (& Compile Help)

somerandomhash

At the moment the 'Custom' field is used for {version} which in reality would be analogous to {current_version} I would like to see a way of passing {current_version} after the 1st update to a {last_version} column next to the Last updated column. At this point {version} would become analogous to {latest_version} If that makes sense.

On a similar theme i would also like the ability to perform an 'Update check only' and for the {version} field to be kept after close down at the moment it only applies to downloaded files, a it's related to the above I would be interested to see if others would find this useful and I will attempt to investigate it?

I understand that Ketarin already offers this in a way but to me at a glance it would allow you to just 'keep an eye' on certain applications rather tan requiring the download (if that makes sense)

I have the source (thanks) but have no exp of C++ (from php/perl background) but am not afraid to get my hands dirty, on that point what do I need to compile the source (will any of the MS Express Editions suffice?)

• 1 month later...

YES PLEASE!!

I don't run ketarin regularly, so when I do.. I want to see just how far the apps I am checking have progressed.. if it is a dotpoint upgrade, I may not bother to download.. if a whole new version has been released, I want to know about it..

My memory is good, but not good enough to remember every version of the apps I have installed :)

• 1 month later...

With the 1.0.6 beta, the second custom column is getting closer to what I am after.. I just need a way to extract "PreviousLocation" field from the jobs table and include it as a variable in CustomValue2..

I can handle the regex to strip out the unnecessary file paths etc.. but from what i can tell that field cannot be used as a variable.. {previouslocation} {previousversion} {oldversion} and many others i've tried don't work :(

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

hmm.. that was way too obvious, so I hadn't tried it :)

however it doesn't work.. I have just added {file} to Custom2 in settings and done both a check and a full update and nothing shows up before or after.. not even a filename??

in the sql database there is a field called PreviousLocation, i'm guessing its where the "delete old version" code gets the file name to delete..

is there a standard builtin variable that can read that field for each app? if not, can that be added to a future release?

ok, i'm not a c# coder, but went digging and found this in Updater.cs

baseCommand = UrlVariable.Replace(baseCommand, "file", "\"" + job.PreviousLocation + "\"");

so it appears as if that field is going into the {file} variable as you say, but it isn't being displayed in the client?

i did find a section where the comments indicated it was faking a download to fill custom variables.. but since the previous location is stored in a local db and is referring to a localfile, shouldn't it be possible to extract this on application startup? in theory it could be displayed when completely offline..

no matter, i'm sure you know your code better than I :)