Ketarin forum

Focus (highlight) "glitch"?

appyface

Not really sure this is a bug, per se, but it is just a teeny bit annoying to me :-/

Sometimes I have an app line selected (highlighted) in Ketarin main window, but keyboard commands don't work against it (CTRL-U, CTRL-C to copy it, ENTER to bring up edit app dialog, etc.).

This seems to occur when Ketarin finishes being busy doing something else. Ketarin lets me highlight the app while it is busy, but then doesn't seem to know about the highlight after the current task finishes?

To see example.

Highlight a few or more apps that will take at least several seconds for Ketarin to check for updates. While Ketarin is busy checking these apps, click on another app (not in the group being updated).

Ketarin will highlight the app you just clicked on. Don't do anything else, just wait... understandably Ketarin is busy and can't do anything with a new request yet anyway. So just wait until Ketarin has finished with the current updates.

Now, with the new app line still highlighted, press CTRL-U. Nothing happens.

A simple workaround is to click away and click back on that app, Ketarin now 'sees' that app and a CTRL-U etc. will work.

Thoughts?

Thanks and regards,

--appyface

Edited by appyface

Well I'm baffled. It's apparently not a focus problem. I checked the active control after running an update and it's still olvJobs. The fact that CTRL+U is an accelerator key for the update button and therefore is controlled by the form internally makes it harder to figure out what exactly is going on. If Flo had written the code that handled CTRL+U himself then it would be much easier to debug. I have a bad feeling that this might end up being some sort of strange Windows bug more than a problem with Ketarin. But that's only because I can't think of any other explanation at the moment. I'll keep poking and see what I can find though. Maybe Flo will know what's causing this...