Ketarin forum

Override Ketarin defaults for threads, retries

appyface

My Ketarin settings are for 5 threads and 2 retries, which works very well overall for my needs.

However, I do have a few sites balk when multiple file downloads are attempted from the site, or multiple threads are attempted on a single download. While this is not Ketarin's fault per se, they do return error after a mass "update now" run because the thread settings are global.

Would it be possible to override Ketarin's threads and retry settings on a per-application basis? I would also need a way to tell Ketarin the application has an "exclusive mode" and to NOT run any other downloads simultaneously with it.

Ideally the "exclusive mode" would apply only to preventing other simultaneous downloads from the same site, and Ketarin could happily continue downloading of other applications. But for my purposes, if the 'exclusive mode' prevented downloading of any other applications simultaneously, that would be more than adequate.

Thoughts?

Thanks and regards,

--appyface

Edited by appyface

• 4 weeks later...