Ketarin forum

Error in Import XML

Nologic

http://www.mediafire...gsv7t626d452ipq

Okay first off the XML is generated by me...and not Ketarin...since I seem to be having problems uploading to the forum, so I've linked to it at the start of this topic...the file is on MediaFire & is archived in Zip format.

I generated GUID's for all the app's and this is to be pulling stuff from FileHippo.

The error I'm getting is:

Failed to import the file: There is an error in XML document (1, 329).

From what I can tell...things look fine...but I'm also no expert.

Thanks for your time and effort.

*Update*

Okay it seems that if these tags are in the XML but hold null data...Katarin will get all pissy and bent out of shape.

<LastFileSize></LastFileSize>

<LastFileDate></LastFileDate>

<LastUpdated></LastUpdated>

It would be nice if Katarin would at least in plain english state such tags must be removed if null.

It did actually tell you what the problem was, but not in such pretty terms. The error message includes the approximate character of the file that's invalid: (1, 329)

I don't know the specifics of how the pre-parsing occurs, but can tell you that if you replace the carriage returns and line feeds (\r\n) with a single space, and look in the resulting code for the position indicated (char 329), you'll find the culprit.

As a rule for Ketarin import files, if there isn't a value, don't include the tag.