Ketarin forum

Ketarin not running download commands properly

Chimaera

Hi all

Ive been using Ketarin for a while now from a hard drive and decided to make it available just on a pendrive.

It was a lot of messing about if im honest it seemed to remember settings of files from elsewhere even after copying the .db file across and specifying it with the switches, anyway ive got it working now more or less.

Since i added it onto the stick the extra after download commands dont work anymore, they were fine before but not unpacking files now, they are just a simple change directory, unzip, rename file then remove some text files.

Can anyone advise how to get working again?

Chimaera

Paste these command here.Let us have a look.

Also when it comes to unzipping it's way better to add the unzipper tool (i use 7-zip) as a system variable.

Then all i have to do is call 7z command and it gets done.I don't have to specify 7z.exe location.

Im not sure about truly portable solution tho.I guess in that case you have to use something like this: http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/7-zip_portable

This s an example i use for Prime95 32 bit

cd file_includes

cd diag

7z x -y diag_prime_32.zip

RENAME "prime95.exe" diag_prime_95_32b.exe

del diag_prime_32_readme.txt

del "prime95.exe"

del license.txt

del stress.txt

del readme.txt

del undoc.txt

del whatsnew.txt

I use 7z.dll, 7z.exe and z-zip.dll they are in the file_includes folder and have always worked fine until i went to pendrive.

Hope this helps

Chimaera

This is more optimal:

cd file_includes

cd diag

7z x -y "{file}" -xr!*.txt

If exist *.exe ren *.exe "diag_prime_95_32b.exe"

The "{file}" is the file ketarin downloaded.Regardless of it's name you can use "{file}".Especially useful if the name changes often.

-xr!*.txt excludes text files from being extracted.That way you don't have to delete them post extraction.

This one should work as batch command.

"{7z}" x -y -r -o"{file:directory}\" "{file}" -xr!*.txt

REN "{file:directory}\prime95.exe" "diag_prime_95_32b.exe"

I use {7z} as global variable (File -> Settings -> Global variables) with the value z7.exe. The 7zip files are located in the same directory as ketarin.exe.

ketaringlobalvarsn21c.jpg

Use the Ketarin Wiki for more useful special variables.

Thanks for the replies

I resolved this eventually by realising it was trying to call it from a folder level up

I had made an Autoit file to start it with the right parameters for the dbase file and it was a level above where ketarin was, and somehow that made everything else a level above as well, i was copying 7z files around testing and when i went up a level it created files.

So i moved my exe down a level and we are cooking again

Thanks

Chimaera