Ketarin forum

Support array variable/Match from the end/ and a few more

dave431

Keratin is a great piece of goodies. Here is my suggestion.

Support array variable

Some websites may have a page listing all versions, and I plan to download and keep the last three most updated version. Is there anyway to define an array variable to download first 3 matches?

Match from the end of html files when creating variables

Sometimes, the links in html are sorted from the old to latest, but regexp can match the first entry only. Can Keratin search in reverse direction?

Define max concurrent download from a particular server

Edited by dave431

There is a checkbox next to the regex field called RTL. Which means RightToLeft, it will achieve what you want Re: getting the newest. Alternatively put this at the beginning of your regex

.*(

and this at the end of your regex

)

Max concurrent download from a particular server? I'm not sure what server you would need to limit, the big ones are what most people use and they allow a large enough number. Actually this would be accomplished if my feature request was implemented of being able to give your own numerical priority to apps. So if some shared the number 1, all the number 1's would be downloaded/installed first. Then after the numbers are done, whatever sorting is left would be done in that fashion.

Edited by Omniferum

Is there anyway to define an array variable to download first 3 matches?

Yes and no. Ketarin itself is only capable of downloading one file for each app profile. However, you can either define multiple app profiles or use the commands capabilities to execute other applications (such as wget) which can effectively download multiple files for a single app profile. There's a couple examples here in the forum.

Not directly, but you can use the advanced tab option of "do not download this application simultaneously with other applications" to accomplish similar effect. This is often required on some sites (including filehippo).

There is a checkbox next to the regex field called RTL. Which means RightToLeft, it will achieve what you want Re: getting the newest. Alternatively put this at the beginning of your regex

.*(

)

Max concurrent download from a particular server? I'm not sure what server you would need to limit, the big ones are what most people use and they allow a large enough number. Actually this would be accomplished if my feature request was implemented of being able to give your own numerical priority to apps. So if some shared the number 1, all the number 1's would be downloaded/installed first. Then after the numbers are done, whatever sorting is left would be done in that fashion.

I think RTL means searching from right but not from bottom

The match all syntax before brace works :)

For Max concurrent download from a particular server, even bandwidth is so cheap today, I believe a good cyber citizen should not flood any server. Just a personal preference.

Edited by dave431

Is there anyway to define an array variable to download first 3 matches?

Yes and no. Ketarin itself is only capable of downloading one file for each app profile. However, you can either define multiple app profiles or use the commands capabilities to execute other applications (such as wget) which can effectively download multiple files for a single app profile. There's a couple examples here in the forum.

Not directly, but you can use the advanced tab option of "do not download this application simultaneously with other applications" to accomplish similar effect. This is often required on some sites (including filehippo).

Chaining with wget is a good idea. I will give a try.

There is a checkbox next to the regex field called RTL. Which means RightToLeft' date=' it will achieve what you want Re: getting the newest. Alternatively put this at the beginning of your regex

.*(

)

Max concurrent download from a particular server? I'm not sure what server you would need to limit, the big ones are what most people use and they allow a large enough number. Actually this would be accomplished if my feature request was implemented of being able to give your own numerical priority to apps. So if some shared the number 1, all the number 1's would be downloaded/installed first. Then after the numbers are done, whatever sorting is left would be done in that fashion.[/quote']

I think RTL means searching from right but not from bottom

The match all syntax before brace works :)

For Max concurrent download from a particular server, even bandwidth is so cheap today, I believe a good cyber citizen should not flood any server. Just a personal preference.

Ketarin uses a singeline flavor of regex, which means it treats . as matching line breaks and the such. The entire text as a single line of text rather than how it is formatted as we see it, hence right to left would serve the same purpose. At least that is how it works in theory, i've found better results with the .*() myself.