Ketarin forum

Any ideas how how to get at the Realtek NIC Windows 7 drivers?

GollyJer

Realtek's download site is a major pain in the a**.

Firstly the navigation is horrible.

Secondly it's slow as a snail.

Third determening correct download address is difficult at best.

For example currently my dowload came from:

ftp://WebUser:pGL7E6v@202.134.71.21/cn/nic/Driver_Win7_7037_01202011.zip'>ftp://WebUser:pGL7E6v@202.134.71.21/cn/nic/Driver_Win7_7037_01202011.zip

While i can extract all other things from the website and put them to the URL the date between what's shown on webpage and the date on filename are different.There is no way to foresee this.

I was able to access FTP directory itself ( ftp://WebUser:pGL7E6v@202.134.71.21/cn/nic/ ) but im unsure how reliable this address really is seeing as it logs in with some public key that could change or expire.It also uses javascript to redirect to FTP after pressing the GO button and henche no way to create a variable to go to this page.

There is even no way to properly sort the FTP directory as appending for example

?C=N;O=D

to the address results in the site asking for user and pass again.

Damn Realtek.Tho Marvell is not much better.They seem to have a better server but the download page is enterely created in flash and the download comes from a secured ftp that only registered companies and partners can access.

Samsung's page is also bunch of javascript.

What is it with driver makers anyway?.It is so damn difficult to obtain their drivers.Horrible webpages crawling under heavy flash or javascript.Slow servers.Cryptic secure ftp-s.If i would not know better i would think were talking about pirate scene who are extremely secretive.

lol! Thanks Tomorrow. You hit on every pain point I ran into. I couldn't agree more. Almost every driver site is a GIANT pain in the ass to use with a keyboard and mouse. They make it a million steps to get what you need and then provide hideously slow servers. My hope was Ketarin could help, and for the most part it has. For the pirate Realtek, not so much... :-)

I suppose the only alternative is 3rd party driver site.For example i use www.station-drivers.com and in your case http://www.station-drivers.com/page/realtek.htm but there are others.The obvious drawback is that they are unoficcial and that it takes time for newest versions to appear on their site.

The upside tho is that it can be automated with Ketarin and it's easier to download from there.

Edited by Tomorrow