Ketarin forum

Relative Paths (on download location)

aurelio

...perhaps someone finds some use...a way to get version info from the downloaded file and importing it into a ketarin variable and rename a file based on its version number...import does not work, the command to get version number does...
 VersionInfo.vbs...
sigcheck...

Topic where this was discussed: https://ketarin.org/...tarin-variable/

I thoroughly enjoyed that, Tomorrow. I'm not a guy that's particularly comfortable with .vbs scripts, but I do enjoy them whenever I can understand what they do... :lol: (which is true in this case ;) )

Ah. That would be why. I use a multihomed internet connection with two separate ISPs in order to ensure that my 'net never goes down. I don't think I've ever used the option to 'check only'. I can now see why that ability would be important.
That must be quite a "kick-ass" internet... I'm "not there" yet, but maybe someday... :)

Flashbacks! Wow, that was the bomb back in the 90s - everything you loved about Win 3.x on Win98. :)
What?!? :wacko: You mean it's not "the bomb" anymore?... :unsure: Am I still living in the past?... :D All joking aside, I tend to do that... In my first years of WinXP, I still had used a small app back from Win 3.1 that it's only function was to "call" (execute) the current screen saver... (believe it or not, it took me a couple of years to be able to finally eliminate that).

Do what you can. :)
I will... Maybe this weekend I'll add something to the Wiki. I just hope it "fits" right in with the content that's already there... Let's see. I'll do my best.

• 2 years later...

Well... If I use {version} to retrieve whatever content the web pages will give me as the last version (or current version there, online) and I use a regex applied to {file} to retrieve the current version on disk, they will certainly have different values, unless I update every single entry, every single time. With bandwidth restrictions, and wishing to know which version I currently have, {version} would give me the wrong versions for some entries if I don't update them every time. (see the image examples below)

Right after a "check all for updates only":

ketarinupdate1.png

After you then exit the program, if you come back (another day); observe the difference between what is extracted from {file} and {version} :

ketarinupdate2.png

Thanks for the links. I will take a second look at those templates. The first time around I looked at them I found them a bit complex and confusing for me; besides, there is 'zero-comment' in the code, so it makes it even harder for newbies like me with no real coding experience. I saved all of those codes you pointed me towards and I know if I take my time looking at them, I will find great solutions that I can adapt for myself.

I think I know how you feel... I have my Ghisler Total Commander with me everywhere I go on my pendrive. I do absolutely everything in it and from it; I like it so much I gave it as a birthday present to my father once; unfortunately, he didn't appreciate it as much as I had hoped he would... :D

I want to help with content, but as a newbie, I have my doubts if the content I will include will be accurate enough and use the proper language and formatting; There's always the option of rolling back whatever I edit anyways (and I surely won't be offended by it), but I don't want to be an inconvenience; I want both to help new users like me with the little knowledge I'm gaining and give back a little work for a freeware program that is so helpful to us.

I can see 2 areas that are really missing content right now on the wiki:

• Custom Columns (some examples and screen caps on the wiki are still from the time you apparently only had 1 or 2 Custom Columns fields available on the interface)
  • property:X variables (there's only a vague reference to look at the exported XML, and I think it could be incredibly useful for newbies if the content were to be more detailed)

Hi,

Can you share your settings file and template.

And Can you do it?

https://ketarin.org/forum/topic/3504-other-location-update-check/

Thanks.