Ketarin forum

2 categories for one setup

Guest Den

Is there a way in Ketarin to make one setup be available in 2 categories? Like there is a category called "x32" and another is "x64". There are apps that can be installed on both x32 and x64, so I want them to be available on both lists. Is this possible?

Thank you

• 5 months later...

I've had a similar situation in which I wanted to specify which computers an applciation gets installed on. My work-around is to create a per-application variable using the "Textual Content" variable. I then put a space-delimited list of computer names. In my case, I named this variable {JPG-PC}.

I then created 2 custom columns ... one for {PC} and one for {Selected-App}. {Selected-App} contains the following regex:

{JPG-PC:regex:Starfield}

where Starfield is one of the computer names.

This then shows all software to be installed on Starfield.

The only thing I really need to figure out is how to remove Starfield as being a hard-coded global value buried in a regex so that I can base it on the name of the computer that Ketarin is actually being run from (i.e., %COMPUTERNAME%). Or even specifying it as a separate global variable would be better than what I have now.

Hope this helps someone ... Jeff