Ketarin forum

Install order

komitaltrade

Is it some way to get desired order of apps installation?

I tried to start categories with

- 01Updates

- 02Drivers, etc

but without success (child dialog dont care about it, order have some strange logic).

Why I ask it?

To install some apps, I need to install before (e.g.) Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package.

So, idea is - if I check some apps, they should to maintain some order as I want (not how Ketarin want).

P.S. I'm surprised how Ketarin don't have item ID (I'm not remember any other serious apps without it - and Ketarin is without any doubt serious apps).

This is a feature that was requested quite some time ago, floele will get around to it when he has time i'm fairly sure.

As it stands though you can just script around the issue. I know it is a big inelegant but hey, scripts are fun.

I mean like for your first app

echo wee>1.txt

install code here

del 1.txt

and for the 'next' app that depends on the first app go

:loop

if exist 1.txt goto :loop

The ketarin engine shell doesn't allow for loops n' stuff but if you just use the ketarin to call an external batch install it will work. Just a way to get you what you want until that feature is implemented.

As it stands though you can just script around the issue. I know it is a big inelegant but hey, scripts are fun.

Yeah, I agree, but it can work just for some fully automated task (e.g. install OS updates), most probably also in silent mode.

I'm just wondering, is it really hard (I'm not developer) to implement one column more in main dialog and one field more in Edit dialog???

Four digits, will solve all issue (first two for something like categories order and second two for apps order). P.S. I doubt how anybody work with more apps (to get six digits).

Komali - you can do this already by creating a custom variable and populating them to whatever format you think will suit you best. Before "installing", just sort by that column and you're done. You might also need to limit threads to 1 in settings, connection.

• 2 weeks later...

Komali - you can do this already by creating a custom variable and populating them to whatever format you think will suit you best. Before "installing", just sort by that column and you're done. You might also need to limit threads to 1 in settings, connection.

Can you post example how it should to look?