Ketarin forum

use Ketarin with Windows 7 Setup

mahmodslah25

Hi All

I want to use Ketarin with Windows 7 Setup

first, insert dvd for windows 7 setup.

then, setup windows 7.

then, before the desktop appears , run ketarin and update my apps and install them.

my apps : 7zip ,firefox ,k-lite codec ,skype ,foxit reader and .net freamework 4

sorry for my bad english

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

• 1 year later...

It's a pretty long and tedious proccess.

First to get ketarin actually ready you are gonna have to configure and silent all the installs. This would be easy if everything used windows installer but they don't. So you have to figure out which installer each program is and it's silent command and set that all up individually. Also make sure the installers don't have toolbars or anything else or you will have to use something like autoit.

Ketarin's default database is located in appdata and you are gonna need ketarin to be portable since it's gonna be on a dvd/usb. I create a shortcut and use the database switch.

http://wiki.ketarin...._line_arguments

If you have a database setup already move it.

Next you need to move all the files from your windows 7 dvd into a folder and use RT Seven Lite. Obviously move ketarin and the apps to the copied folder.

Load copied os into RT Seven Lite in the integration > applications tab run ketarin with database,install and silent switch.

I hope you are gonna use a USB cause configurations update too often to be static on a dvd and have to go through that mess.