Ketarin forum

New forum software

floele

Hi all,

we are now using IPB as forum software, which should be somewhat more comfortable to use an din particular also reduce our issues with spammers. If you notice that something does not work after conversion yet, let me know :)

Regards,

Flo

The changing from the old to a new one is strange. On the other hand, there a lot of nice features such as the improved registration form, the new WYSIWYG editor and of course my new moderator control panel :D

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

The changing from the old to a new one is strange.

Why "strange"?

So far it looks really good I'd say, the first time I paid for a forum software, but I think it may be worth it. My aim is to eventually also replace phpBB on cdburnerxp.se.

Takes some getting used to.

Few things:

*Was unable to login with my password.Kept saying it was wrong.Had to restore and now works.

*Flash based login form does not allow Firefox to automatically enter password when username is entered into the form.Atleast the browser still remembers the username and password.It's just unable to enter those like on non-flash login forms, and if user is logged aout he/she needs to re-enter the password manually or copy it from browsers password manager.

*No Google ID based login?

Wow.

I like it. I believe it's one of the coolest forum templates I have seen recently.

And it's fast.

WYSIWYG editor is really neat, also sidebar for recent topics is quite handy.

Few things:

*Was unable to login with my password.Kept saying it was wrong.Had to restore and now works.

*Flash based login form does not allow Firefox to automatically enter password when username is entered into the form.Atleast the browser still remembers the username and password.It's just unable to enter those like on non-flash login forms, and if user is logged aout he/she needs to re-enter the password manually or copy it from browsers password manager.

No problem here with login.

Not sure what software you are using, but maybe you need to redefine placeholder location?

May be, as the passwords are stored in encrypted form only and thus cannot be converted, depending on the system used by the new forum.

Flash? You mean popup?

*No Google ID based login?

I've been told that it is possible through OpenID, though I couldn't get it to work just now:

http://openid.net/get-an-openid/

I like it. I believe it's one of the coolest forum templates I have seen recently.

It's indeed one of the few by default modern looking forums :)

Yes.Flash is just a term i used.Not sure if it's done with javascript or something...

Hm, guess I can't do much about it then. But since it remembers the login properly, I guess that is not much of an issue?

Except for quote boxes overlaping 'avatar space' no complaints so far...

Already opened a support case for that, probably a CSS issue, though I don't know why it happens on my forum only.

Hm, guess I can't do much about it then. But since it remembers the login properly, I guess that is not much of an issue?

Assuming the login cookie remembers login for long enough period that should not be a problem to enter the password once or twice a month.

So how long do i stay logged in before the cookie expires?

Looking at the cookies im guessing it's one of these dates when the cookie expires and i have to login again: 14,18 or 23 October.

Logged in on 9th October.

Assuming the login cookie remembers login for long enough period that should not be a problem to enter the password once or twice a month.

So how long do i stay logged in before the cookie expires?

Looking at the cookies im guessing it's one of these dates when the cookie expires and i have to login again: 14,18 or 23 October.

Logged in on 9th October.

3 days, this is valid, if and only if

- This soon to be replaced server does not crash, because if it does, the session information, which might be stored in volatile (RAM) storage is gone foreva (though Im seeing now IPB stores session info in database, dunnno to which extent though)

-

Is there a way to enable one-click copy for code to preserve formatting on here like happens with some other sites?

Here's an example page with code on it (scroll down a bit and you'll find some sample HTML). Float over the code block and you'll get the action icons in the top right - the second one will copy the code and preserve formatting (line breaks + spacing). This type of behavior is critical for this forum.