Ketarin forum

Sourceforge issues?

shawn

Is anyone else having random failures with SourceForge downloads? About a quarter of my SF downloads are reporting "Unable to connect to the remote server" each run. Always different apps. Always at least 2 and up to 20. Looks like I might have to impose "one at a time" for sourceforge.net, too.

Only thing I noticed recently, that some mirrors are failing (doesnt have file that I requested), If I change mirror to something else, it works again...

Strange Is that those mirrors have older version of those apps, but never got new version...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This happened again a few times this week. I discovered the problem this time: sourceforge appears to be treating "download.sourceforge.net" and "downloads.sourceforge.net" (note the extra S) differently - even though they resolve to the exact same IP address. Most likely a software hiccup on their end that is validating the hostname before relaying the request to the download file. I've corrected the erring profiles by changing the host name to "download" (no S), and all is well again with the world.

I actually set up a global variable for this (sfdomain) so next time this happens I can fix it across all my app profiles far easier.