Ketarin forum

Crash after "update all" - 2GB Filesize limitation

Etz

What's in your global "after updating an application" and "after updating all applications" settings?

Those are empty, I dont use that feature...

Found "culprit": World of Tanks

Sharing via DB also...

After removing that, all works fine again, but still, my best guess is it has to do something with size.

Last update made it over 2GB... (now 2.4GB already)

Still dont understand how this affects Ketarin stability, basically it crashes when I reach 2GB on that file...

Edited by Etz

Any chance you have a 32 bit processor and/or are storing it on a FAT16 drive/partition? Many USB keys are formatted in FAT16, and small partitions can be, too. FAT16 limits you to 2gb per file, regardless of CPU used. Some 32bit operating systems choke on anything larger than 2gb, too, regardless of filesystem in use.

Any chance you have a 32 bit processor and/or are storing it on a FAT16 drive/partition? Many USB keys are formatted in FAT16, and small partitions can be, too. FAT16 limits you to 2gb per file, regardless of CPU used. Some 32bit operating systems choke on anything larger than 2gb, too, regardless of filesystem in use.

All are 64-bit capable and running NTFS...

2x64-bit systems and + 32-bit system... all crashed at same point...

All running Win 7 SP1+

Is it storing the file to the same drive each time?

I'm testing the WoT download here. I'll let you know the results.

Yes...

Did disk diagnostic, no errrors... all looks good, still wont work...

Filesystem is Ext3 and sits on NAS accessing via SMB....

BTW... I`m aware of different filesystem limitations ;)

Downloads fine also, without Ketarin...

Edited by Etz

Crashed here, too, exactly at 2gb. I download MUCH larger files via browser, FTP, SSH, torrent and other methods all the time, and this is the first file (to my knowledge) that's larger than 2gb via Ketarin, so it's definitely a Ketarin issue.

Maybe Flo can fix it?

Because basically its not too uncommon to have 2GB+ filesizes...in these days...

Edited by Etz

• 5 weeks later...

Hey again,

yeah, I am silent for a while occasionally, sorry. Basically that happens when I do not check the forum for a few days, then I fear too many new posts and keep not checking a while longer (which doesn't make much sense, as the number of posts increases).

Anyway, I will try downloading a file larger than 2GB with Ketarin when I am back home again (now in Turkey). Just in case that it works for me, could anyone post a URL to a large file?

Just in case that it works for me, could anyone post a URL to a large file?

The World Of Tanks described here is currently under 2GB @ http://cdn1.worldoftanks.com/patches/auto/WoT_beta_0.6.2.8_eu_setup.exe as seen from the app profile i downloaded from DB.

But did a quick google search and turned up the full client @ 2,3GB :

http://downloads.worldoftanks.com/patches/auto/WoT_0.6.7_us_setup.exe

Just in case that it works for me' date=' could anyone post a URL to a large file?[/quote']

The World Of Tanks described here is currently under 2GB @ http://cdn1.worldoftanks.com/patches/auto/WoT_beta_0.6.2.8_eu_setup.exe as seen from the app profile i downloaded from DB.

But did a quick google search and turned up the full client @ 2,3GB :

http://downloads.worldoftanks.com/patches/auto/WoT_0.6.7_us_setup.exe

Yeah link had changed, because of that bug I have it disabled and not updated app profile :(

• 2 weeks later...