Ketarin forum

New option - Download but do not install

Tomorrow

This could be added to the Update All button at the bottom of the screen.

Basicly how it would work is that it would initiate Force Download on all apps (or all selected apps) and download the files but it would completely ignore commands in the Commands tab of each app profile such as the Execute the following command before/after downloading

Why such a feature?

Sometimes i need to use Ketarin on a USB stick on another computer somewhere and i would like to download updated files to a location in that PC (i just change the global variable temporarely) but not install anything because well it's not my PC and i don't want to make a mess of things.If i want i can still install things via command in the Setup tab of an app profile.

Im sure you ask why not Force Download?

Well this option still runs trough the before/after commands after a file download.

So either this feature or change Force Download behaviour so it would ignore any before/after commands.

Anyone with me here?

I'd would not like losing the current 'Force Download' behavior. Rather than changing it, I'd prefer an extra option like 'Only Download'.

This way, everybody wins.

For me, it seems not necessary to duplicate features :P

• 4 weeks later...

If it's on a USB stick, I'd recommend instead you just duplicate the jobs.db and alter the new database directly to remove the before/after events before running it. Wouldn't that be more effective in a temporary and inconsistent situation like this one?

sqlite3 jobs.db "update settings set SettingValue = 'System.String:' where SettingPath = 'PreUpdateCommand';"
sqlite3 jobs.db "update settings set SettingValue = 'System.String:' where SettingPath = 'PostUpdateCommand';"

Tested, and it's working.

Too much work.This feature should be integrated by default.

Besides sometimes i may need to simply wipe all app folders and download fresh files.

There have been more than enough cases when i rarely look at the app folder and discover that there are either duplicates or that the files are named with some old pattern.