Ketarin forum

Better support for local installers.

Tomorrow

I suppose many have some old apps that can't be downloaded from anywhere anymore but you keep them on your pc and you'd like to use Ketarin to install those when nessesary.Here you'll run into a problem.Ketarin always complains that it can't find the file specified despite the fact the the given path is correct when you try to install any of these.

These apps are generally not shared either because they are local but i would really like for a better support of these.I know installing apps is more of a secondary function of Ketarin and it's not really meant for local apps but i like the idea of a central installer to control all my installer packages be they downloadables or local.

Much like normal apps exept i don't enter the download URL.Just fill out the save location,name row and optionally text based variable for version plus any setup commands.

Naturally i get the warning every time saving this profile that i have not entered a URL for download.Almost wish there was a checkbox in advanced settings to turn this check off.

Edited by Tomorrow

Yes, this feature would much needed...

For example I`m haveing lot of offline installers of paid software...and also I process them like tomorrow described, but its a bit complicated and annoying with those extra warnings...

Edited by Etz

Oh stupid me.Just managed to properly add several installers.For some reason i didn't think to enter the installer path in the URL box.After i did this and updated the file then Ketarin recognized it.

Still there are a few that i can't get Ketarin to recognize despite the fact that it enter the exact path.

• 4 weeks later...