Ketarin forum

Send e-mail when errors occur

nrogers64

It would be great if Ketarin could be configured to send an e-mail whenever an error occurs. I have Ketarin set up to run as a scheduled task, so I hardly ever run it in interactive mode. There was a time (I believe in 2010) that Piriform changed the download URL for the slim build of CCleaner from http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds/downloadbinslim to http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim/downloadfile . I didn't realize this until much later since I never bothered running Ketarin in interactive mode.

Thanks!

Kinda funny actually getting a mail about something that happens on your own computer, don't you think so? :P

Not sure if this is the best way.Perhaps making errors pop up if /silent /notify flags are used in a task to run ketarin?

For a remote machine i would totally understand tho.

Either way, what I would prefer is simply having a script block like "after updating an application" but with something like "after an update raises errors". This can be automated to send email, run a script or create a log or whatever based on the current variable values which is what I really want access to.

Either way, what I would prefer is simply having a script block like "after updating an application" but with something like "after an update raises errors". This can be automated to send email, run a script or create a log or whatever based on the current variable values which is what I really want access to.

Yeah, that makes more sense. If any of you have hacking abilities, please send a source code patch ! , afaik floele is pretty busy at the moment, dunno if he has time to implement this.

I only do *nix programming :-D

• 1 year later...