Ketarin forum

Ketarin 1.6.1 RC1

Tomorrow

Beta 1

+Added hotkey configuration

Beta 2

+Extended settings export functionality

+Function "regexrandom" (same arguments as "regex", but returns a random match)

+Added "Run post download command" to context menu

+urlencode function

+Special value "{categories}" for placeholder "options" attribute

+Added pre-update command return code "3" for "external download", saves new "last update" date

+Added "Word wrap" for "edit variables"

*Use complete match if no regex group is a match

!Fixed: OverflowException when downloading files larger than 2GB

RC

+Added multi language FileHippo support (langCode:appName)

+filenameWithoutExtension function

*Allow <option> Elements inside of <placeholder> for options without delimiter

*/install also accepts URLs

+Added /exit command line argument, use with /install

!Fixed crash with duplicate snippet names

!Fixed an ArgumentException

!Fixed: When importing a faulty application with duplicate variable names, all applications are no longer loaded correctly.

!Ignore faulty source templates when importing new templates

Ketarin-1.6.1-RC.zip

Edited by floele

The reason i had to create this thread was because i had an odd problem with this build:

*Opened Ketarin and clicked Update All button.Yet only a handful of apps updated.Rest stayed idle.

*Did CTRL+A on all apps and rightlicked selected Update.This time all updated.

*While doing CTRL+A+Update got the following error text:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at Ketarin.MainForm.olvJobs_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
  at CDBurnerXP.Controls.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
  at CDBurnerXP.Controls.ObjectListView.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5669 (QFE.050727-5600)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Ketarin
   Assembly Version: 1.6.1.434
   Win32 Version: 1.6.1.434
   CodeBase: file:///D:/Resources/Apps%20x86/Portable%20x86/Ketarin/Ketarin.exe
System.Windows.Forms
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5660 (QFE.050727-5600)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Data.SQLite
   Assembly Version: 1.0.65.0
   Win32 Version: 1.0.65.0
   CodeBase: file:///D:/Resources/Apps%20x86/Portable%20x86/Ketarin/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Design
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
System.Web
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5671 (QFE.050727-5600)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
System.Configuration
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5663 (QFE.050727-5600)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
v2_ipu0m
   Assembly Version: 1.6.1.434
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5660 (QFE.050727-5600)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

After Ketarin restart everything was back to normal.Not sure what happened there.

Edited by Tomorrow

• 4 months later...

Just a suggestion regarding export functionality. As we can utilize custom .db names by using the /database= paramater could we not change the /export= behavior?

so just doing ketarin /export will export the default jobs.db applications to jobsapplications.xml and the global settings to jobsglobalsettings.xml

In conjunction we could do ketarin /database=moo.db /export which would give us

mooapplications.xml

mooglobalsettings.xml

Just a thought, seeing as we would most likely name the .xml the same. Or just make it if the name after /export is omitted that it will default database name them in that fashion.

ketarin /export=moo.xml will give an export of jobs.db applications in the file of moo.xml

ketarin /export will give an export of jobs.db applications in the file of jobs.xml

Again just a thought

Just one teeny feature request type thing which I think everyone would enjoy.

Could you add a checkbox in the 'settings' menu that would just warn if the download variable is empty or if no file is found, that way we can enable it to do a 'test' check of all our apps to make sure they are resolving to the proper file names or to anything at all. I suppose I could make a custom column with {property:download} (or whatever it is) but that seems a tad clunky.

Just as a sort of 'tester' setting because when you have 200 apps and i've constantly gone "This hasn't updated in a while, why?" and then having to manually check or even accidentally find out it is because of a huge page change it is kinda irritating.

I'm aware I could probably write a PS or batch script to capture the whole page, detect blah blah blah but that would be a LOT of code to add and it does seem like something that should be base functionality.

Still implementation of the function would be handy, however it goes in.

Further note/expansion on that previous idea. Again it is just a 'testing' option so we can see what everything is resolving to ultimately, I tried the custom column but it doesn't really work very well. A lot of apps can be just direct URL's and manually going through them etc. etc. plus it is hard to manually check THAT large a database of apps which i'm sure everyone in this forum has.

If you could add a special status category icon (maybe just a question mark icon) saying "The download URL resolved to empty or something that did not result in a file being downloaded" so it could 'really' highlight the necessity for it to be investigated. The standard error icon really just makes me go "I have to re-do that because it just didn't work at that time".

Oh, on that note i'm sure I asked before and don't want to be a pest about it but a reminder nonetheless. When all the updates are complete and it says "These things failed" could a button be on that window saying "Re-attempt to download these failed items" (a tad long I know you get the point though).

Also if we could get the option for 'persistent error status' icons, so that if it failed during the first download and we re-load ketarin we know that application didn't do it right the first time around so we can investigate why if it doesn't work the SECOND time. The error status code gets to remain persistent until a 'success download' happens, not resolving the download to "0" or anything but a file actually comes through.

Last point is can we make the applications that have the option ticked "Do not download this application simultaneously along with other applications" be defaulted to being the LAST ones checked? Otherwise it screws up the processing order. Like if you have have a list of 100 apps it will go through a bunch then it will wait for this one app to do it when 50 others could've been checked in the same timeframe and just sitting there.

Wish you knew how much Ketarin has saved me, thanks a million Floele. Sorry for the barrage, my brain sometimes can't shut up.

can we make the applications that have the option ticked "Do not download this application simultaneously along with other applications" be defaulted to being the LAST ones checked? Otherwise it screws up the processing order. Like if you have have a list of 100 apps it will go through a bunch then it will wait for this one app to do it when 50 others could've been checked in the same timeframe and just sitting there.

You can do this with a custom column. Add a custom column with the value of "{property:ExclusiveDownload}"

If you could add a special status category icon (maybe just a question mark icon) saying "The download URL resolved to empty or something that did not result in a file being downloaded" so it could 'really' highlight the necessity for it to be investigated. The standard error icon really just makes me go "I have to re-do that because it just didn't work at that time".

You can do this one with {property:FixedDownloadUrl} ... - though FileHippo apps won't display a URL.

Hi Floele,

Could you please elaborate a bit on these 3 changes:

+Added pre-update command return code "3" for "external download", saves new "last update" date

And about " +Added "Word wrap" for "edit variables" , I can't see where it can be enabled...

TIA

Use "{categories}" as value for "options" in a template placeholder to let the user choose from the list of categories instead of a custom list.

If you exit a custom script with exit code 3, Ketarin will not download the file but only update the "last updated" date (as if it were downloaded).

https://ketarin.org/forum/index.php/topic/753-regex-not-working-properly/page__view__findpost__p__5741

+Added "Word wrap" for "edit variables"

Check the context menu.