Ketarin forum

Wish: Run post-download command scripts only

appyface

I searched and found many wishes involving commands but none seem to ask for this wish... apologies if I missed it and this is already being considered...

I'm wishing for a right-click option (with keyboard shortcut) on app, to execute just the post-download command scripts -- without first checking for update and/or downloading the app.

Understood that any variables being passed to the command scripts must already be populated in Ketarin database...

Possible? Probable? :-)

Kind regards,

--appyface

I don't know about this.The rightclick menu is populated with several items already.I suppose if and when custom hotkeys are implemented in future then it would be doable.

But currently you could add the script to Setup-Add Instruction-Custom command and execute it from rightclick menu with "Install"

Well I was just suggesting right-click because it is handy... if the command is up on the menu that's fine too. Actually I prefer a keyboard shortcut to mouse action, so if it's just a keyboard shortcut that works for me :-) I don't really care where it is located so long as I can use it :-)

Most of my post-download scripts are in global -- it doesn't seem practical to have to copy them to each app's install area to get them to run again.

Today I can do a 'force download' on each app if I've changed a global script. But I have bandwidth caps here so I'm trying to avoid downloads that aren't necessary. I can hand-construct scripts to run outside of Ketarin to make the equivalent changes, but that takes a bit of time. Having Ketarin do it is not only more convenient, it tests my script changes for me as well :-)

Kind regards,

--appyface

Edited by appyface

@flo

I've got hundreds of apps defined in Ketarin. I have scripts set in the global post-download command area -- these run against every app that downloads a file. In addition, I have scripts set at the app post-download command level. Dozens of apps have these scripts in common, and they run when those apps download a file.

So. When I make a change to one of these scripts, how to execute the new version of the script against the already downloaded files? Hence this wish...

'Force download' on selected/all apps gets it done perfectly -- but with the added overhead of having to download all the files again.