Ketarin forum

Getting Lots of "Failed, The operation has timed out"

Conure

Lately, I'm getting lots of this message:

Failed, The operation has timed out.

It happens mainly on FileHippo. For example, I'll run an Update and half of my FileHippo programs get updated and half fail. I'll do another update right away, and the other half fail. Doesn't seem consistent.

Used to happen on Source Forge, but not as much now. At least it was consistent and always failed.

Does anyone know how to alleviate these errors?

What are the best Connection settings for Threads, Timeout and Number of Retries?

Thank you very much for your help!

Otherwise, I really enjoy using the program. Getting some things figured out now.

Thanks for providing it for free!

Lately, I'm getting lots of this message:

Failed, The operation has timed out.

It happens mainly on FileHippo. For example, I'll run an Update and half of my FileHippo programs get updated and half fail. I'll do another update right away, and the other half fail. Doesn't seem consistent.

I have just done a full update and cannot confirm this. Do you have all Filehippo ID's upadted?

What are the best Connection settings for Threads, Timeout and Number of Retries?

This is a matter of personal preference, available bandwith, available resources, etc. I use 15:5:2

Filehippo chokes with more than 2 simultaneous connections. It might work for you temporarily, but inevitably, reducing the number of connections to 2 or selecting the option to "not download simultaneously with other updates" is the best way to keep using FileHippo.