Ketarin forum

Iterative Variables

manonstreet

It would be cool if variables could use other variables in their url. Meaning, if I create var1 which has a URL and regex, then I should be able to use {var1} inside of var2's URL. Variables would have to be evaluated sequentially to make this feasible, but I think it adds a lot of powerful potential.

Thanks for the great software,

--manonstreet

I'd say that's already possible in the latest version.

Hmm, really? I created a simple test where I created a variable called link and extracted the link from the contents of a page. I then created a new variable called link2 and set the URL to {link}. Ketatrin just errors stating "The specified URL is not valid". I've also tried the same type of test just using a portion of the URL and and I get not found errors. It appears that the variables are not evaluating to their values, and the {link} is being used literally.

In what version is this working?

Thanks,

--manonstreet

You are correct sir, that did work :)

Then how about a feature request for the previous variable to be saved when then + sign is clicked. And possibly a way to reorder variables or insert before / insert after.

There has been a couple of times when I realize I want to add one more variable in the chain at the top. To do that currently, I have to delete all the variables and add them back.

As a side note, does Ketarin support using variables in the regex'es too?