Ketarin forum

Edit Online Database

UksusoFF

Yeah from time to time a purge would be needed to get rid of the nonworking templates.Tho giving users ability to do this would problably be a bad idea.Better if certain trusted people were given time limited acess to affect the changes.

Currently i counted 2882 templates total in database.Oldest templates (last update) are from 17.11.2008

Think I suggested this before, have a group of people that can apply to floele who can moderate the .db and anyone can flag a template as non-working. Perhaps even submit/request some on forums.

If that was done i'm sure that it would be the noob friendliest thing and Ketarin would take off like a shot. As it stands Ketarin beats ninite and all the alternative hands down and if this was implemented the others would be rendered pointless.

That way new people can just install/unzip ketarin with pre-configured variables for install paths etc. and moderators just update templates and people can subscribe/unsubscribe.

For reference sake every single program I have/use is maintained by Ketarin flawlessly, I only need the odd tweak here and there for page changes if they happen.

That would be a cool feature, Omni. I can see templates that were imported (since they're already tracked) having an option within them where "share this application online with others" is listed that instead provides a "report this application profile as broken".

Maybe a new optional field called "user forum name" for our Ketarin client which will be also stored in online db. If set we can find / contact the originator of the specific online db entry.

Well if you see template with {prettyversion} variable in it then it's good 98% chanche that im the author :)

• 4 weeks later...