Ketarin forum

One folder to move files away from

matmike

Hello,

i started using Ketarin today and I' really happy with what the program does.

But after a while of entering applications and downloading them, I moved the resulting files that I stored in one "Downloads" folder to different folders on a removable drive.

During the next startup, Ketarin started downloading all of the files again.

Is there a possibility that the program only downloads the files when there was an update, e.g. when the file is doanloaded one time, it won't be downloaded again when there is noch change in size/version/...

THX,

Matthias

This is not (easily) possible, since Ketarin does the comparison based on a possibly already existing file. So if the downloaded files do not exist anymore, Ketarin doesn't know whether there is something new. Actually, this is intentional, because I'd want Ketarin to redownload a file if it doesn't exist anymore (for whatever reason).

Might I suggest a command-line switch to let Ketarin know that you've moved the location of the downloads? That way, if you have it set to start downloading updates as soon as it's started, you then would have a way to let it know that everything is going to be missing and that it shouldn't start downloading everything over again. It could prompt you to specify a new download destination when started with the command-line switch, but give you the option to simply postpone the updating until you've fixed the download locations.

I think, if you change the download location and don't move the setup file, Ketarin should download the file again. After all, this is the main purpose of the program: Keeping your setup files current and not keeping a log if you ever downloaded a file.

That way, if you have it set to start downloading updates as soon as it's started...

Then you can click cancel and edit the profiles, or use a tool like SQLite Database Browser to change your job database before starting Ketarin.

If you have Ketarin setup to update at startup then after moving all of the files and starting it up you would have to cancel the update to stop it from downloading everything all over again. While this isn't very hard and doesn't really make much difference, it would be cool to have at least some sort of check on the download location before re-downloading everything automatically. Maybe a check to see if the download location is empty or missing all of the files that have been added? Then it could ask if the download location has moved or is unavailable and it should not bother downloading everything again. It's not a big deal, just a useful little quirk. If I can pinpoint where it would have to go, I could try throwing something together if you're interested.